Was doing really well and then

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Was doing really well and then

Postby suzyljank » 22 Jul 2009, 10:07

Hi was doing pretty good the last few months. It took almost a year after LIS to feel somewhat normal. I still have mild stenois or narrowing of the rectum so if it has to stretch too much it can hurt like heck so keeping bms regular and soft has been my main goal. Last night I had diarrhea a few times, normally I lubricate before I go but it was so fast I didn't, I'm sore there today, kind of feels raw. I can sit alright it just burns when I have the diarrhea. Does this sometimes happen after a bout of it? I'm doing the sitz baths and using moist wipes so I don't irritate the area further. I guess I just go into panic mode when things start to hurt there. I didn't have the explosive type of diarrhea, and I'm not going a lot today. Should I be so worried? Any words of advice would sure help me feel. Thanks Suzy. Image
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Re: Was doing really well and then

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Jul 2009, 10:20

That sounds exactly right, Suzy. Diarrhea is going to burn, in most cases. The liquid BMs not only probably have a higher acid content, but obviously can also "seep" around the fissure site much more than a formed stool would.
For me, even a mushy stool would burn like crazy, every time. Most people want a toothpaste consistency, but event that was rough on me...everyone is different. And in general, "real" diarrhea is going to be rough on the fissure, do your best to avoid it being "explosive' when expelled because that can really rip you.
But don't panic, as it sounds like you are just getting a typical fissure reaction, it doesn't sound unusual at all..
Hope it gets better FAST!!
Deleted User 5

Postby suzyljank » 22 Jul 2009, 10:41

My fissure has healed but the site remains tender so it's alright if it still burns. Thanks for your quick reply too. Suzy
suzyljank

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Jul 2009, 10:55

It is possible the diarrhea has given you a small cut at the anus. Something that will most likely go away quickly if it is not exacerbated through more potty turmoil! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby suzyljank » 23 Jul 2009, 20:32

So far so good today. No diarrhea. I did sit in the tub twice yesterday and that helps. I also use a little vaseline before I have a bm. I have IBS too so I'm not sure what happened. Even with diarrhea I took my miralax before I went to bed. I tend to be on the constipated side and after surgery the doc said I'd probably be using it the rest of my life. I just get so darned scared when my usual bathroom routine is off. I don't ever want to get another fissure. I had one full year of pain from the last one and surgery was my only option. Does everyone else get nervous like me when they get diarrhea or have a harder bm or am I just paranoid. Suzy
suzyljank

Postby Deleted User 5 » 24 Jul 2009, 05:42

Nope, you are not paranoid! You should see the number of posts we get here based on just that concern! Who wouldn't dread getting another AF?
GREAT that the diarrhea has calmed down and you have done better today, let's keep it up, COP!
Deleted User 5

Postby suzyljank » 01 Aug 2009, 11:31

Things seem to be getting better. That fine line between soft bms and diarrhea with miralax is sometime hard to figure out. I did discover that if you skip meals miralax can make things too soft if you know what I mean. I go back to the CRS for a recheck in september. I also have IBS and there has been a lot of stress lately. I'm trying to keep things manageable so keep your fingers crossed for me. Thanks Suzy.
suzyljank

Postby cherylk » 02 Aug 2009, 07:18

I have IBS also and fiber supplements (Benefiber) helped me stabilize the amount of Miralax I need. Just a thought.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby leemike » 21 Sep 2015, 14:17

suzyljank wrote:My fissure has healed but the site remains tender so it's alright if it still burns. Thanks for your quick reply too. Suzy

Hi suzan,
I would like you to read if possible my situation, i wonder if there is any tip you can give me? :thankyou:
the-biggest-mistake-of-my-life-t9962.html
leemike
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1