A & E turned me away!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

A & E turned me away!

Postby Peachy724 » 12 Aug 2009, 14:15

The pain finally got too much, went to Doc last night and got anti depressant and Gabapentin ( used for epilepsy but can help nerve pain, but also the FDA has put out a report as there is a high risk if increased suicidal thoughts,! Mmmm good thing when I'm already there)
anyway after I had a BM today I was litterly sobbing from the pain for hours, phoned doc who said there was nothing else the could do an it's my choice if I wanted to go to a and e so my hubby took me up only for them to tell me 'it's not there area of expertise , your GP needs to help' !
So that was my last option , what do I do now, aside end it all ( I'm only half joking there) . The GP is trying to get to talk to the Surgeon so I'll be phoning again tomorrow and the next day , I'm going to ask if I can get morphine at home, god I need SOMETHING :( :( :( :(
Oh and get this! The new gabapentin takes 3 weeks to work!!!! Mmmmm that's a good one to use for incredible pain, and it makes me feel really weird and anxious which I think is a side effect so I'll stop that I think' man you lot should see the box full of pills I have, no guesses how to end it all then! The GP has given me the AD and the Gabapentin on a weekly dispense because if how I'm feeling, mmmm, he seemed to have forgotten about the 240 paracetamol and 60 tramadol he gave me last week!
Xxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: A & E turned me away!

Postby Guest » 13 Aug 2009, 02:20

Oh Jackie I am sorry to hear this, it is absolutely shocking what GPs will just hand over Image
I feel your frustration really ! Image
Is it possible for your to see someone private just for a consultation ? I think a consultation is around Ј200, also seeing private can fast track you onto the NHS waiting list if you require any surgery ! Image

Postby sidra1968 » 13 Aug 2009, 06:43

Is there any way you could go private and get a loan to pay for the surgery?...or a 0% or a low percentage credit card?...I was serious when I told my family and friends that even if they said it was $20,000 or even more, I'd still go ahead and do it and find a way to pay it back. I actually did this before for medical problems when I was younger. The pain is worth any amount of money to be made to BE GONE..money can be made up, your health can't...it's a catch 22...you can't make the money up by working hard (I plan on getting another job cocktailing to pay the 6,000 for my surgery) if you feel like crap all the time...so I say, first things first...and that's to get rid of the pain, then worry and do something about about the monthly loan payments later when you've recovered enough. Just my two cents, but you can't go on like this...look into it at least, please.
Hope you feel better today, hang in there and check ALL your options out monetarily.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Peachy724 » 13 Aug 2009, 09:04

Thanks Sidra and Tabby, things are better today but that's because I've started the Tramadol and Gabapentin and am a walking space cadet but I need some relief I've just upped my movical and drinking as much as my tummy can handle which isn't much unfortunatly. I called the Gp who is supposed to be calling back (that was 6 hours ago) but the receptionist said he got my appointment changed with surgeon to 1st September, so if I can ride it out till then Ill be laughing.
There is no way I could get a loan or even afford 200 for a consultation, I've already looked into that, so all I can do is suffer until then. :(
xxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Corsi » 14 Aug 2009, 02:00

Image Image
Corsi
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Peachy724 » 14 Aug 2009, 05:14

Thanks Corsi :)
I have got my appointment pulled to the 1st September and I have been given an anasthetic gel Lidocaine (Instillagel). Any thoughts on this , anyone had it before ?
Xxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 14 Aug 2009, 05:20

I think Lidocaine might be helpful. Good luck!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby sidra1968 » 14 Aug 2009, 07:52

They gave me lidocaine to get me through till I had the surgery..it numbs the area and definitely helped when I put it on before and after a bm. Actually, I'm still using it in the mornings after bm's (they said I could). For me, the effect wears off in about 20 minutes. I do think you'll like it as it basically numbs the pain a bit.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 14 Aug 2009, 10:22

Oh yea ! That stuff is good yaaa ! Image
Some good news atleast, Jackie :)

Postby Corsi » 14 Aug 2009, 12:12

I used Lidocaine a lot! I even have some spare tubes I can send you, unopened of course Image I used it before and during BM, it helped me relax/not panic...
Here's one more Image
Corsi
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18