OT-how do I put my picture up here?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: OT-how do I put my picture up here?

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 07 Oct 2009, 12:31

Haha I hope you're right :) Stress I can manage in the long term, other "real" health issues right now I dunno, the camel's back is pretty close to breaking already...
Yeah I've been trying to eat as many calories as possible, I found that I do okay with Snicker's bars so now I've got a pantry full of 'em, along with other high fiber and high calorie snacks like Wheat Thins Fiber Selects (good stuff for those of you wanting to add fiber with actual flavor btw). I've been eating some mild fried stuff like tofu and that's gone alright so far too. Goooooo MiraLAX.
As for specialized care, they're not certain yet, but the way they're talking makes me suspect that they know something they're not letting on about. I'm actually meeting with the doctor in about 30 minutes here so I'm hoping to coerce and drag some more information out of her. I think (well more like hope) I'm starting to get over the initial shock about the whole thing and now I just want to know what the deal is so my mind can start to accept and deal with it. It was a total curveball.
Yeah I caught the game last night, that was freaking amazing!!! I don't care for either team but I was on the seat of my pants. That play at home in the 10th (or was it the 11th) was ridiculous. Good luck Saturday night, I'm a diehard Dodgers fan, been following them since the Orel Hershiser days, but I dunno if I'd have the cajones to show up anywhere near St. Louis in my Dodgers gear haha. LA sports fans in general are definitely a bit more subdued than those crazy Midwest folks :) This is usually my favorite time of year sports wise, the LA Kings look like they might be okay this year, the Dodgers are in the hunt, and of course it's a few weeks until the Lakers begin their title defense, so usually I'm in hog heaven. Only team that isn't holding up their end of the bargin is my Raiders, who suck AGAIN this year.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby sidra1968 » 07 Oct 2009, 12:42

As one who has had her share of dealing with doctors (my dad died quite young and my mom just beat - for now - a very rare cancer), just remember, they still have to guess at a lot of things. They are only human and will admit there is only so much they can actually KNOW..
Just be direct and have a no-nonsense approach. Good luck..let me know what happened later (I gotts work for a few hours now anyways)
I, for one, cannot wait for college basketball to start!! Not long now. Also, the Bears have helped me through the terrible Illini season a bit (so far anyway!)
Talk to you later
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 07 Oct 2009, 15:59

I've got a bunch of Bears players (Earl Bennett, Devin Hester, and Johnny Knox) on my fantasy squad so I'm kind of a closet Bears fan this year Image Plus I need a team to root for while the Raiders are busy stinking up the joint and I can't stand the Niners. On an unrelated note, I can't believe what the Broncos are doing with Kyle Orton this year but I think that's going to fall apart once they play some better defenses.
Looking forward to college basketball here too. Mizzou looks like they might be alright, and UCLA is my alma mater so there's usually something to look forward to in March nearly every year, although lately it's been fairly disappointing. The fact that UCLA is my alma mater probably tells you a bit about why I cheer for Mizzou during college football season :)
Doctor visit went okay, apparently insurance has been breathing down their necks about discharging my son, hence why they were in such a hurry to do the gastric tube surgery on him. His inability to eat normally is why he's still in the hospital, and insurance wants him out because he's racking up a big bill. He's shown a few minor signs of progress these last few days, though, so we managed to have the doctor go to bat for us and authorize another week's in-patient stay. If he doesn't improve in that time frame then looks like the g-tube is going to happen. My wife and I are going to visit him every day to try to train him to eat properly, so fingers crossed, looks like this next week is going to be pretty critical as far as whether he gets discharged with invasive or non-invasive measures in place. Breaks my heart to see the little guy struggling just to get nutrition while his feisty sister kicks our asses at home, but hoping for the best!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45