Great deal on MiraLAX at Costco

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Great deal on MiraLAX at Costco

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 19 Sep 2009, 00:36

This mostly for you poor fissure suffers who live in the US near a Costco and use MiraLAX for soft happy poops. Just a heads up that they're having a sale on MiraLAX right now. Regular price for a two-pack of the big 17.9 oz bottles is $30. Right now they have a $6 off coupon that makes the two-pack only $24, which is just barely more than what a single bottle goes for at most drug stores. Just grabbed a couple myself and am armed with poop softeners for a few months now :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: Great deal on MiraLAX at Costco

Postby sidra1968 » 19 Sep 2009, 07:26

Thanks! I think they have Costco up by my sister's in the Chi-town suburbs where I'll be today/tomorrow..will stock up as I'm scared to go a night without it. I actually have one bottle stashed upstairs, one downstairs and one in my overnight bag so I won't forget some night again..I did on the St. Louis trip 2 weeks ago and noticed bigger bms just in that one missed dose -although it could've been the gyro I had before that nightmare of a game :)
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 19 Sep 2009, 11:33

sidra1968 wrote:Thanks! I think they have Costco up by my sister's in the Chi-town suburbs where I'll be today/tomorrow..will stock up as I'm scared to go a night without it. I actually have one bottle stashed upstairs, one downstairs and one in my overnight bag so I won't forget some night again..I did on the St. Louis trip 2 weeks ago and noticed bigger bms just in that one missed dose -although it could've been the gyro I had before that nightmare of a game :)

Haha it's okay, I have a bottle at work, in my bathroom cabinet, kitchen cabinet, and also laptop bag that goes wherever I do. It contains all my creams, painkillersm muscle relaxtants, etc., just in case a fissure episode strikes while I'm out shopping, for example :D
We have Costcos all over the place here (there are 4 within a 10 mile radius of home!) so I went and grabbed myself a few yesterday, maybe I'll keep a bottle in my earthquake survival kit too lol.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 20 Oct 2009, 20:19

How long have most of you guys been taking miralax, on the bottle it says do not take this more than 10 days. I'm on my 13th day of taking it. I do like the way it's my my stool soft, but if I stop taking it, will I be unable to make a BM?
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 20 Oct 2009, 20:46

I've been taking it for about 3 months, I know others here have been taking it much longer. Not sure what happens if you stop, I'm scared to find out myself.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby afugh!! » 22 Oct 2009, 15:41

I don't think your bm will instantly brick,in a period of days your poop will get harder and harder.I'm currently taking Colace but my doctor told me to switch back to bulk laxatives like Citrucel when my fissure heals.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby juney » 22 Oct 2009, 16:20

i've been taking miralax everyday for about 9 months now. before that i took MOM everyday for almost a year. i missed 2 days of miralax last month and had a difficult time in the bathroom. i'll never miss a day again. i hate taking it everyday but i look at it as just another medicine necessary to function. as you'll find, nebelwerfer, after we've been dealing with this for awhile, we do what we have to do and try not to worry about future consequences. i hope you don't reach that point!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 22 Oct 2009, 16:28

Same here, I reduced my Miralax dosage to about 50% as an experiment recently and noticed a difference very quickly -- within 2 days max. I'm getting back on the full dose now indefinitely.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby fissure101 » 29 Oct 2009, 11:11

I've been taking it for the last 3 years. Doc says it is safe - time will tell.
fissure101
Salt Bather

Topics: 2