Sorry not been around

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Sorry not been around

Postby Peachy724 » 04 Nov 2009, 10:32

Hey everybody,
I feel bad but the internet has been down and ive not been able to get on here. I hope things are ok with everybody. Im still of sick at work as this whole fissure thing has affected my mood and eating disorder. Im worried they are gonna sack me soon :(
After my op having the botox and scar tissure removed i have been relativly pain free but oh so very very careful. But the last few weeks the pain has been starting to creep back again, not unbearable but dull , niggling, threatening after i go to the toilet and i have got my BM very very soft with two movical a day. (i tried the Fibresure and OMG with one teaspoon it gave me AWFUL stomach cramps and diorreah!!) Still using the Diltiazem and GTN cream and lidocaine gel aswell as taking tramadol, the doc took me of the valium as he is frightened ill get addicted, it seems the pain has been getting worse since they stopped that but who am i to say what works eh? I phoned for a repeat prescription for Ensure and sneaked in that i needed Valium so im hoping its a different doc and will just do the prescription. I was doing really well too with my weight getting it up to 47kg but i got scared and fell back down to 43kg and now i got the world on my back! The anti depressants dont seem to be doing anything either, said that to the doc but he said nothing, im seeing him agan on Friday so i hope he will change it. I also phoned my surgeons receptionist and instead of the New Year for an appointment i managed to get it pulled forward to 20th November but if it is coming back (or the botox is just wearing off without healing) whats next?? He doesnt want to do LIS as i have a weak inner muscle due to a traumatic child birth, i mentioned to him a procedure called an Advancement Flap where i think they cover up the fissure with good tissure ( not sure where from). This is supposedly recommened for children to avoid muscle damage and also people like me after forcep damage, has anyone heard or had Advancement Flap surgery, or even heard of it??
Love Jackie x
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12