ANAL FiSSURE AND MENSTRUATION

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

ANAL FiSSURE AND MENSTRUATION

Postby katia » 13 Nov 2009, 18:54

Hi to the group
I am new here and I am so pleased I have found this website.
Anyway I suffered from AF for 6 months which I developed due to childbirth and tried all kind of ointments, creams,suppositories, tons of water, fibre you name it but nothing ever helped so I had LIS and skin tag removal on August 4th.
I was pain free after 3 days and 8 weeks after surgery my CRS said that my fissure had healed. But 2 weeks later after that I came on the period (this was the first period I got after LIS) and I reteared (even though I was not constipated) and I felt pain again but not spasms and had some blood too but all this went away exactly on my last day of my period so I was pain free again until yesterday when I came on the period again ( this is my second one after LIS and not constipated) and I have reteared again and I am hoping it will go away when my period is over just as it did before.
has anybody had a experience like this? Am i gonna retear every time I come on the period? Does this mean I will never heal completely?
Please, please can anybody help me? I have a nine month old baby to look after and despite all this suffering I am still breastfeeding.
I must say that I have a diet rich in fibre, drink lots of water and still taking Miralax.
thanks in advance
katia
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: ANAL FiSSURE AND MENSTRUATION

Postby Corsi » 14 Nov 2009, 10:10

I had LIS in February, and I have had and still have problems during periods...it must be the hormones creating all those problems.
Corsi
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby cherylk » 14 Nov 2009, 10:26

Katia,
I just wanted to say welcome! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby katia » 14 Nov 2009, 16:50

thank you Cheryl and Corsi for your replies. Corsi you said that you too had LIS and still have problems during your periods, you mean your fissure retears when your period starts like mine and then it heals again when your period is over?
how long ago was your LIS? i have read somewhere that i may be suffering from anal endometriosis (not sure about the spelling) have you or anybode else ever heard of this condition?
please help i am at the end of my tether now.
katia
Fibre Addict

Postby Corsi » 16 Nov 2009, 04:27

I have had a lot of fissure retears around periods, I have no idea why, but I am very hormonal I guess...maybe the tissue/skin is affected. LIS in February for me.
I know that most of the girls here have had AF problems during periods. I think it is normal. Fissures are Image
Haven't heard about your condition...sorry.
Last edited by Corsi on 27 Feb 2010, 06:17, edited 1 time in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby cherylk » 16 Nov 2009, 06:42

Corsi,
Hi! Image
Katia,
I had endometriosis. You can google to find out about it, but I have never b/4 heard of "anal endo" although it might exist.
cherylk
VIP

Postby crimeofpassion » 16 Nov 2009, 12:01

Wow, Corsi...what has your doctor said about all the retears? Did you only have one LIS?
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby katia » 18 Nov 2009, 16:56

hi guys
Just a short message to let you know that my fissure retear + pain went away exactly on my last day of my period, thank God only for a couple of days and this time it didn't hurt that much so i am now feeling great! no pain, not even itchiness after a BM.
Cheryl i tried to google anal endo but couldn't find any info on it, has anybody ever heard about this condition???
katia
Fibre Addict

Postby cherylk » 18 Nov 2009, 19:12

Katia,
Just google endometriosis and see what you learn. Like I said previously, I have never b/4 heard of "anal endo."
cherylk
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Nov 2009, 01:01

I hate to say - but it was exactly like that for me , minus going fissure away after period stopped. I needed 3 weeks to heal and than as soon as my period would come I would re- tear again Image . I also was NEVER constipated - not before I got the fissure , nor ever after.
Anyway - I think that endo can be the culprit !!! I, unfortunately, do have many symptoms of endo and I did a ton of research lately. I discovered that endometrial tissue can attach basically ANYWHERE in the abdominal area and even further Image .
Even now that I completely healed my fissure , my butt very often reacts with some burning and itchiness right before my period (STUPID PERIODS AND EVE THAT CAUSED ALL OF THIS MESS LMAO !!!!!!! IDIOTIC GIRL _ WHAT ??? SHE JUST HAD TO EAT THAT idiotic FRUIT ....OK ...where was I...) Aha - so , I think that either hormones or endo is causing some extra damaging things to female butts - as if we do not have enough to deal with anyway Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61