If there's one good thing to come out of this..

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

If there's one good thing to come out of this..

Postby StevePain » 22 Feb 2010, 16:48

The one good thing to come out of all this pain and suffering is that i've learnt to respect my body a bit more, I don't take it for granted that I can just put any old junk in my body and think that it'll come out ok at the the other end, I take more care of my ass, don't wipe just dab, don't strain, I like to keep things running as smoothly as possible at all times, big BM's are not welcome here Image i've come to realise that my ass isn't cut out to pass such things, thank god for stool softeners! Image I also eat much more healthily, I don't include any dairy in my diet, no red meat, no fatty or greasy foods, no snacks, crisps or chocolate, I eat plenty of veg, fruit, bran, soups and wholemeal foods and drink at least 2L of water every day...
Thanks rectal pain
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: If there's one good thing to come out of this..

Postby small_flower » 23 Feb 2010, 06:59

I agree. Though its been really hard for me (being one of the younger members here) to have to constantly watch what I eat, I realize that not only is it worth it now (to keep out of pain) but i am hoping that it will be worth it in the long run too. I eat more whole grain now than I ever have in my entire life. Its been a tough adjustment but Its worth it.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 23 Feb 2010, 12:03

Agreed :) My only regret is that I didn't live it up a little more before my anal canal decided to take a hike. If I'd known I was going to be taking laxatives and avoiding certain foods for the rest of my life, I would've spent a little more time eating hamburgers and spicy food with boatloads of beer. But alas, now that ship has sailed Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 23 Feb 2010, 16:27

Think that's what caused my ass to turn against me, I lived it up when I was younger, too much beer and takeaway food, (fibre? what was that?) plenty of big and hard BM's in them days :roll: .. If only i'd of known then what I know now, hindsight is a terrible thing!
StevePain
King Fissure