Anyone had hemorrhoids banded before?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Anyone had hemorrhoids banded before?

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 22 Feb 2010, 14:03

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I think my two fissures are gone and now I've got a hemorrhoid issue. Actually I've had hemorrhoids for a long time, but have kind of ignored them since they don't hurt nearly as bad as the fissure. But now the stinkin' things have come to the foreground again so maybe it's indeed time to address them.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby happyass » 25 Feb 2010, 23:16

neuro,
i would like to keep track of what you decide to do about your hemmies - do you have external or internal or both?
happy
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 26 Feb 2010, 02:43

Hey happyass, I saw a CRS about a year ago and was told I had both external and internal hemorrhoids at the time. But after my fissure, I saw two other CRS and they both said I had external skin tags rather than external hemorrhoids -- they were not able to look inside for internal hemorrhoids because my sphincter wasn't in the mood to allow that :) Then later on I had a colonoscopy and the report said there were no internal hemorrhoids at all.
So I don't really know what to believe anymore. All I know is I have pain down there and something bleeds at times. Every CRS I've seen has said there's a fissure, so maybe that's all it is, but the pain I'm having now definitely doesn't feel like what I recognize as fissure pain. I guess it's also possible that my hemorrhoids calmed down while treating the fissure.
Anyway that's a long, convoluted answer to a simple question, but the whole thing is pretty baffling to me. I'm debating seeing one more CRS that I trust next week to see if she can confirm exactly what it is that I have. Once I know I'll make a decision as to what to do about it. If it's internal hemorrhoids I'll probably just get them banded and see what happens since I'm getting tired of dealing with this crap.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 26 Feb 2010, 05:45

NG,
Could you go to the Mayo Clinic in Arizona?
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 26 Feb 2010, 11:49

Hey Cheryl, I would love to but unfortunately I don't think I can given life circumstances right now. My son is still having major problems and we're now a single income household since my wife needs to take care of him full time and can't go back to work. So we can't afford to have any lost time at work or unnecessary expenses and what not :(
Plus to be honest, whatever it is I have, whether it's a fissure or hemorrhoids or something else entirely, truthfully I don't think it's necessarily that bad of a case. Yes it's been there for a while and yes it hurts and bleeds once in a while, but it's not debilitating and I can still drive, work, and do most normal things, just with a bit of pain. I know it's nothing compared to what a lot of people with anorectal problems have suffered.
With the ongoing chest pain, ongoing inflamed gums, and off-and-on rectal inflammation/bleeding, I'm leaning toward it being something like Crohn's or UC, but it never shows up on any tests, and even if it were one of those, it's still probably a very mild case since it doesn't stop me from going about my daily business. I think time will reveal all, and as long as it doesn't reveal something terminal or debilitating then I can live with the symptoms :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 26 Feb 2010, 13:13

NG,
I've never heard of chest pain and/or inflamed gums being associated with UC or CD!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46