10 years of rectal pain, poking and prodding...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

10 years of rectal pain, poking and prodding...

Postby StevePain » 30 Mar 2010, 09:27

Initially, when I first complained of rectal pain I was diagnosed by my then DR, who is now retired! He diagnosed me with third degree hemmorhoids and prescribed proctosedyl ointment closely followed by suppositories with the option of surgery as a last resort and that was 10 years ago, ever since I have had every hemmorhoid treatment known to man (except hemmorhoidectomy), including, proctofoam, anusol, germoloids, preparation H, proctosedyl, Xyloproct (lidocaine/hydrocortisone) scheriproct, etc etc, also had day case surgery on my hemmies including schlerotherapy and rubber band ligation, i've had probing, poking, anuscopes, sigmoidoscopy, anuscopes, rubber gloves, vaseline, you name it!! And still.... I'm in pain Image and to top it all off I have a worse enemy than the hemmies, yep you guessed it, it's the fissure, basically I think my a$$ is sick to death of being probed :( I know it's bad when I know exactly what the inside of my rectum feels like, hell I could even tell if there was a discrepancy with my prostate, my finger has been there more times than a whores knickers have been up and down :o where will it all end... Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: 10 years of rectal pain, poking and prodding...

Postby cherylk » 30 Mar 2010, 13:30

That really stinks that you have gone through so much, Steve!! I wanted to let you know that my friend Dwight asked about you and NG today.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby StevePain » 30 Mar 2010, 14:02

Thanks cheryl, I believe in the power of prayer!
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 30 Mar 2010, 15:25

Steve, the both funny and sad part for me is that the first time I had to go in for a rectal exam, I was all anxious, embarrassed, and worried. I was like oh man I don't want to take off my pants and some doctor stick his finger in my butt haha. But little did I know what lay ahead. Fast forward a few years now and the best case scenario is that all that happens is a little rectal exam lol.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 30 Mar 2010, 17:01

Steve,
If it makes you feel any better, I went through a CT scan (with dye), MRI, flex sig, and barium enema about 3 years ago and still had pain and const after also trying a couple of different meds for const (prior to the fissure). Maybe we should have a contest to see who has had the most procedures and/or surgeries. The winner could be awarded the AF grump I currently have in my house!! :roll:
Image Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46