bad day!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: bad day!

Postby mmb0423 » 08 Apr 2010, 13:21

that's okay cheryl! doctors appointment went pretty well. he said it still looked like even though i retore the fissure it was still around 50% healed from my first visit. he said that as long as i continue using the dilt cream that i should have any excruciating pain. we decided that since after 8 weeks of treatment i'm not further along with the healing that we would give the botox a shot. he said that he has had a 75-80% success rate using the botox, so let's hope i'm in that group! the procedure is scheduled for the 19th of april.
mmb0423
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby kmax1940 » 24 May 2010, 06:32

so did it ever heal? or does it still break open often?
kmax1940
Salt Bather

Topics: 15

Postby mmb0423 » 24 May 2010, 08:21

it did heal. i went for a check up last tuesday, which was 4 weeks after the botox, and he said it was completely healed. i just have to be super careful not to do anything that might cause it to reopen. especially since the botox will wear off and things will tighten back up. i'm still having some minor discomfort sometimes during bms, but that's caused by some small hemorrhoids and large skin tag. my crs said that he didn't want to mess with them until i was done having kids, since the don't cause too much discomfort at this time. i'm hoping that my fissure saga is over! i do know that next time i have a baby i will 1. take the stool softeners like they tell you to and keep taking them or miralax while i'm breastfeeding and 2. go as easy as i can on the pain killers! i thought i would be out of the woods on any butt problems since i had c-section... little did i know!
mmb0423
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby kmax1940 » 24 May 2010, 08:23

good to hear! its good that yours did not keep breaking open for years like some peoples. :)
kmax1940
Salt Bather

Topics: 15