Is this getting worse?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Is this getting worse?

Postby ouchie » 24 Mar 2010, 21:00

Hi Guys
I write to you from the flip side of my Sphincterotomy procedure!
I had my appointment on Tuesday and after checking it out and hearing how I had been working to let it heal, he said I needed to have the surgery and he could do it tomorrow. So without much time to think, I was booked it and had it done yesterday, its still a bit tender and my BM this morning was bearable but not painfree, hopefully thats just the fissure and it will begin to heal now that it won't be spasming all day. Dr said I should be feeling good by Monday.
Will let you know how the recovery goes :)
ouchie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Fissulyna » 24 Mar 2010, 22:03

OH well LOL ! Congrats on the brand new and improved butt !!!!
You are doing fantastic with already having a bowel movement and doing fine (KTW!!!!!) - you will be up and running in no time : )))) !!!!
JUST KEEP UP WITH SOAKS, GOOD DIET, and do not carry anything heavy for couple of months.
Best of luck for continued healing and keep us posted : ) !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 24 Mar 2010, 22:50

Wow so you took the plunge! That's awesome. Please let us know how it goes with recovery :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 25 Mar 2010, 07:36

Best wishes for healing, Ouchie!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby ouchie » 30 Mar 2010, 23:56

Hi guys
Just a quick update. Recovery has been slower that I hoped, but I think I had ambitious (unrealistic?) hopes of instant fix. Anyway, its 10 times better with pain on each BM but to much less degree than previously. After BM a couple of minutes of discomfort and then I am ok. Its been a week since my surgery, so I am not quite sure when I will be back to 'normal' but I am continuing my hi-fibre diet and sitz baths daily and hoping the BM pain eventually goes away.
Hope you are all keeping well.
Happy easter to all. (I think Chocolate will be off the cards for me, I have found it works against my hi-fibre diet :( )
ouchie
Fibre Addict

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 31 Mar 2010, 00:43

Hey, good to hear from you again! And of course it's good to hear that the pain is better than before. My GI tract is okay with chocolate but everyone is different. I can't imagine that it would hurt too much to sneak in one or two pieces though :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Fissulyna » 31 Mar 2010, 14:38

Glad to hear you already see a great improvement Image Image Image
No - there is not such thing as a "quick fix "with a fissure . LIS will only HELP you heal , but you have to stay on strict diet regiment for many months not to cause any set-backs. You especially do not want to have them after so much suffering. My CRS told me that it is the biggest mistake post LIS patients do - they start feeling so much better in 8 weeks that they go back on the old bad habits and than BAAAAAAMMM !!!! - they re tear !!!!
Now is the time to concentrate on healing and doing all things right - 20 min warm baths 4 times a day (small sitz-bath will not do the job). You need to make that circulation down there going full speed now ; ) !!! Stay on high fiber diet and keep the are clean and dry. It is OK to use some Vaseline on the anus after you dry your bum with a hair-dryer to protect the anus and the wound from moisture and excretion from the wound.
When the area calms down in the 2-3 weeks you might try some Mebo cream (it is made in AUS and NZ) - it might help with further healing.
I used to mix it (Mebo) with some Vaseline, vit A, D, E and some Aloe (gell - ORGANIC) and it helped me very much.
You are doing great Image - you are only a week "off the knife" LOL - be realistic and concentrate on the already big improvement !!!!
Best of luck and do not be sad about chocolate now LOL, in a year you will be able to eat "your heart out " ; ))) !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby ouchie » 20 Jun 2010, 21:09

Just touching base and concluding my story...I am healed. It has taken 5 months, a new appreciation for BM, additions to my diet and surgery but I am finally back to 'normal'.
I thought I would add this post so that anyone that comes across it will be able to read a healed story.
So glad that I will be spending less time on this forum. Its been great and your help invaluable but I am afraid I won't miss you :)
ouchie
Fibre Addict

Postby Fissulyna » 25 Jun 2010, 15:38

YYYYEEEEAAAYYYYYY !!!!! LONG LIVE THE AUSSIE MEDICAL COMMUNITY !!!!!!
I am still to hear from anybody "down there" having a bad CRS LMAO !!!!!!
I AM SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU Image - thanks SOOO much for posting your result since it will give hope to so many other sufferers Image
Yes - I can understand how you have the urge to run from this place LOL , but sometimes we need to help in return for blessings that we reap. ; ))
Enjoy your life and your baby to the fullest now Image May you stay healed forever and ever Image
Fissulyna
VIP