My Botox shot is August 8th..

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

My Botox shot is August 8th..

Postby Guest » 30 Jul 2007, 14:30

Hello,
My CRS nurse called and I go Monday August 8 at 7:30am to the OR. I hope it goes ok anything has to better than this. I am taking that week off to relax I also think that will help. No stress from work. Just wanted to let you all know.
Patty

Re: My Botox shot is August 8th..

Postby Guest » 30 Jul 2007, 14:35

Thanks for keeping us updated. At last, something to look forward to. I bet you are going to do great.
Lecia

Postby Guest » 30 Jul 2007, 14:38

Thanks Lecia,
I am scared but I have to do something. I want to sit normal again.
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 Jul 2007, 15:35

Wow, August 8th...that's next week! So the worst may about to be over, Patty! That is sure something to smile about!!!
You will sit normally again, Patty! I know, please take it from me, I know what it is like to have to shuffle from cheek to cheek, and dread getting in a car....
Great news!
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 30 Jul 2007, 16:41

Yep. Things will be back to normal soon. It is a little scary any time you have to go into an OR. But the procedure is so simple that it can be done on the spur of the moment in a Dr.s office. My dr. did mine in his office. It took maybe 5 mins. and then I drove to a meeting.

Still, if you ask me, a week off is good anytime.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 30 Jul 2007, 16:42

Thanks Kim,
I am glad they got me in so soon. I feel a bit better cuase buttgirl responded and I know how she is doing too. Gives me some hope.
Patty

Postby Guest » 30 Jul 2007, 16:47

Thanks buttgirl,
I am a little sacred, so I thought a week off to relax would help.
You are feeling ok? Other than the hemmy?
Patty

Postby buttgirl » 30 Jul 2007, 17:03

Other than the hemmie I am just fine--I even had icecream and cheese this weekend--just a little though. I hope the CRS can give another shot when I see him on Weds. This time with the Sclero-agent that will take care of the roid problem.

Good luck on Mon. and remember to keep up your AF diet. Though the Botox should help, you still have to heal the fissure itself. And since it takes a few days for the botox to really kick in, you should probably keep on using the AF ointment until you notice the sphincter is permanently relaxed. If you are using anything else to encourage healing, like aloe,etc.., you will proabably want to continue with those too.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67