So i went to the Doctor yesterday!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

So i went to the Doctor yesterday!

Postby New mum » 17 Aug 2010, 22:23

So i went to the Doctor yesterday! What a waste of time he was. So depressed now. He told me that i should try rectogesic, i told him the reason my gp told me not 2 was because there is no research that it does not go thru your milk to my baby since i am breastfeeding. he then made a stuiped remark that it doesnt matter if my daughter gets it. he also checked me out by just looking and i was told by my gp that you can see it on the outside and there is no reason to push and prod it, so he told me he wont push and prod and wont make it worse. So he did and then went to say oh so it does hurt. Now i am in pain again since seeing him, i have not had this pain in 3months or any bleeding. back to the start again. its even harder now because my daughter is older (5months) and wants to be played with and heavier to pick up.
He said he will do the surgury if i want it, and i will recover with in a day and will need no pain meds for it. which i think is a joke because of what i read from other people. i then asked him for more info about it and he told me that all he does is cuts a musle and thats all i need to know.
I have now made an appointment to go back to my gp which i trust and see again what she thinks. i have been in tears since and i dont know what to do. I feel like i got no answers from him and he has left me in pain again after i started to heal. he also told me i am a tight ass and thought it was funny, and i could have this problem again if it heals.
he is meant to be 1 of the best surgeons in the city.
sorry but i need to vent i just feel like calling him back and yelling at him
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: So i went to the Doctor yesterday!

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2010, 23:25

I am so sorry about your doctors appointment causing you more pain. That's just awful. Do you think you could talk to your baby's pediatrition and see what they say about the meds while you are breast feeding?

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion