Good Luck tomorrow SmallChange!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Good Luck tomorrow SmallChange!!

Postby StevePain » 24 Sep 2010, 09:40

Hoping everything went well today SC, no doubt you'll post accordingly once you feel well enough to do so.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Deleted User 428 » 24 Sep 2010, 15:25

Hey all,
Just thought I would pop in and give a quick update. Everything went well. The most pain I have endured so far was the site where they put my IV in, go figure. I'm still numb down there though and I've had one round of pain meds. I got a little concerned because I have no control over passing gas right now but I think that's because the local anesthetic is still in effect. I can't feel a thing when I try to touch down there yet. Can't even clench my normal muscles there. Hopefully that will pass, so to speak.
I'm going to really just take it easy today. I've hardly been off the couch so I will probably check in later if I feel up to it.
Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.
Deleted User 428

Postby StevePain » 24 Sep 2010, 15:38

hey SC, all what you've said is absolutely normal, not being able to control gas is normal, you won't have any real pain on day 1 because of the anaesthetic, I was the same, I could even sit down and think nothing of it, as for clenching the muscles down there, you won't be in full control of them for a good while, after all they've been cut, you may experience some painful contractions from the sphincter for a while too, your ass will have a mind of it's own and you'll feel all kinds of weird sensations, this is all normal too, just take it easy and don't dread that first BM, you will expel the gauze plug which can be quite scary, just hop in the bath straight after to soothe the area.
Good luck and continued healing
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 24 Sep 2010, 15:40

Yayyy Image
So Happy to see it's over with for you!!
Yes, take it easy and rest. I told my daughter about you today and I have been praying for you.
I wouldn't worry at all about the gas or not being able to clench. You are still numb so that makes complete sense.
Take care!

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 25 Sep 2010, 01:34

Yup sounds normal SC :) Your butt will be swollen and numb/sore for a while, which will make it difficult to control gas. I actually had difficulty controlling ummm other things too for the first day after both of my procedures. Found out the hard (and embarrassing) way the first time but I learned and was prepared the second time Image
Hope you feel good tomorrow and have some nice movies or TV watching lined up for the weekend!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure