lis/ skin tag removal today

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: lis/ skin tag removal today

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 01 Nov 2010, 15:14

Hey dawn, this is excellent news! Sounds like you're finally on the upswing now. And yep painkillers and Miralax are lifesavers haha. Take it easy, and don't be surprised if you have a couple small bumps in the road here and there even now, but generally everything is going to continue improving. Told ya! :)
BTW your last post above this one could be quite hilarious if read out of context lol Image Nice avatar too, I assume that's you and your kiddo. Cheers!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 01 Nov 2010, 15:34

Thanks Ng,
Yeah that does sound hilarious out of context, LOL
Thanks about the avatar. That's my granddaughter:)

Postby Deleted User 428 » 02 Nov 2010, 00:44

Hey Dawn,
Glad to hear things are going well for you and I'm sure they will continue that way. Like you, LIS was the best thing for me. I stopped taking stool softners late last week and everything has been really smooth (no pun intended). I'm coming up on 6 weeks and I couldn't be happier. I'm seeing my CRS for the post-op checkup on Thursday. My fissure seems to be fading to a distant memory...a bad one though.
Wow, can you believe we survived this!
Take care and stay healthy.
Deleted User 428

Postby Guest » 02 Nov 2010, 08:16

I'm so happy SC, like you said before I could kiss my CRS on the mouth(LOL).
Good to hear that you have stopped the stool softeners and all is going well still:)
We did survive this and I'd say we've done it well...Praise the Lord!!! It's hard to believe just a month ago things felt so hopeless and scary. I would definitely advise anyone who has a fissure to have this surgery. It's nothing compared to living with a fissure. I wish I would have had it sooner, I could have probably avoided having the skin tag develop and having to have the fissure cauterized because of waiting so long.
Although I have to say that I haven't felt any fissure pain or much from the skin tag removal either since the surgery, Just like you all have mentioned I've only had a little pinch, small sting from the lis sight. I'm sure once the scar tissue softens up , that will get better.
Take care and stay healthy too Image :)
I've already gained some weight. I weighed 112 lbs the day of my surgery and now weigh 118 lbs Image
My avatar is from the summer before I lost about 20 more lbs. I really looked anorexic the day of my surgery. I never thought I'd be happy to gain weight,LOL. Image
You really did inspire me and helped my nerves before surgery and appreciate you posting your experience Image

Postby PaulsPain » 02 Nov 2010, 17:07

Hey Dawn-
That is awesome. :D I am glad the you were able to get the spasms calmed down. In my opinion, spasms are the worst part about having a fissure.
Keep up pampering the rear and the diet regiment for a long time to ensure complete healing.
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Guest » 03 Nov 2010, 08:29

Thank you Paul :)
Everything has been going really well. The crs prescribed me valium last week and everything seemed to relax and calm down immediately, thank God!
I agree spasms are the worst part about having a fissure. It has been so nice just doing ordinary things in life and not thinking about my butt constantly or being in pain. I forgot how good it feels and now that the spasms are gone , I realize how bad I really had them. I pretty much had them all day and night and would hurry through anything I had to do and lay back down on a heating pad or in a hot bath for 8 months. I'm so Happy with my LIS!!
I hope you are doing well and I have been thinking about you. I pray that you just heal completely! Have you got any news on the possibility of having crohns?

Postby PaulsPain » 03 Nov 2010, 17:48

Hey Dawn-
Kind of in limbo now. The GI wants to do a colonoscopy before making any kind of diagnosis. I have it scheduled at the end of the month. Not looking forward to the 4 days of prep. Low fiber diet and then drink a bottle of miralax in a two hour period to flush the system the night before. I am sure my bottom is going to be toast after that. :(
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Guest » 03 Nov 2010, 17:55

ahhh, that sucks Paul. Can you use some vaseline on your butt for a barrier. When I took the flagyl, I used it and it really helped.
I hope your colonoscopy gives some answers to all this and things get better!!!
I still plan on getting one soon after healing from my lis, just to be on the safe side. My crs did say she reccomends them at 40 and I just turned 40 this year.
Please let us know how things go. You are in my prayers.

Postby Guest » 08 Nov 2010, 19:15

Three weeks post op tomorrow and I'm so Happy with my results!!
I have been doing really good so far. I've ate a few things I never would have touched before my surgery and all has came out well. I'm also eating a very high fiber- healthy diet and taking miralax once a day for now. Hopefully will be able to cut down and eventually stop at some point but I'm really in no hurry at this point to change anything while all is going well.
I just wanted to leave an update for anyone who may consider or go through this surgery in the future.... I am so happy I had LIS! I feel like my old self again , except happier because I know not to take a day for granted that you are healthy and all the ordinary things in my everyday life are wonderful to me now!:)

Postby bdawn » 14 Oct 2012, 16:33

Just wanted to check in and say hi to all. This week will be two years since my surgery, and I'm happy to say I never had any real set backs. My bottom seems to be be back to pre-fissure days, as if it never happened. I had experienced irritation for quite a long time after my surgery and it took much longer than I thought to stop. So if any of you happen to have that, don't panic because it will eventually get better. I'd say it took well over a year and a 1/2.
I no longer take Miralax daily but pay close attention to my bm's and if I miss a day then I take some just to be cautious. I have noticed certain foods like red meat can delay/ take longer to digest so I eat very little or make sure to take the Miralax a few days. I have went months without needing it when I eat right though. So if you are worried about being able to stop the stool softeners and you don't have a real problem with constipation, it is possible, I took them two years...
Good Luck to all of you who are going through this. I know it's hard and very depressing but wanted to let you all now there is life after a fissure and there will be a time when your butt's not all you think about. :roll: I know it's scary to make the decision to have surgery. I was scared out of my mind but it really wasn't bad at all especially when you are prepared and know all you need to heal. This board saved me. I got so much good information and great support from people who truly understood. I think that's why I healed so well and I am forever grateful to all who gave their time and compassion to me. God Bless and good luck to you all!
Dawn Image
bdawn
Fibre Addict