Weight Loss Surgery anal fissure (tags) hemorroids

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Weight Loss Surgery anal fissure (tags) hemorroids

Postby kitkat24 » 11 Nov 2010, 07:09

Hi 41 year old nurse with anal fissure et. al. Had weight loss surgery Jan 2009, and developed anal fissure due to stool changes. Problem is poos are soft, not constipated with HARD stool, intermittent diarrhea, and soft stools that still cause straining. Saw one colon rectal doctor Stanley Goldberg MD in Minnesota he rec surgery. Seeing Mary Kwaan MD today at U of MN for 2nd opinion and would most likely have surgery with her.
I have BM's typically once per day in the AM. During an exacerbation: I LITERALLY CRY FOR HOURS IN PAIN POST BM. It is ExcRuTiAaTiNg.
And I have had 2 kids, laparascopic Chole, open laparotomy for ovarian tumor, full OPEN VSG with DS, labor for 24 hours, 2 C sections........... I've HAD PAIN. THIS LITERALLY MAKES ME CRY......... And wish for unconciousness..............
kitkat24

Topics: 1

Re: Weight Loss Surgery anal fissure (tags) hemorroids

Postby PaulsPain » 11 Nov 2010, 07:41

Hi KitKat-
Sounds like you are in the Twin Cities? I am myself also.
I have been seeing the CRS doctor's in the NW office.
Have you tried conservative measures? How long have you had the fissure? If the fissure is new you may want to try Nitro paste right now. This at least can provide some relief from the spasms and hopefully get it healed without surgery.
If you decide to have an LIS I would seek out a surgeon that has lot of experience, since they are cutting muscle that controls continence.
Last edited by PaulsPain on 11 Nov 2010, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Re: Weight Loss Surgery anal fissure (tags) hemorroids

Postby PaulsPain » 11 Nov 2010, 08:21

Also, have you tried any kind of bulking fiber supplement to help with the soft stool? This can even help the diarrhea since it will gel it.
I have the same issue with loose stools which causes me a lot of grief. So I use a 1/2 dose of Citrucel before bed to ensure things are bulked. It works pretty well most of the time. Metamucil also works well.
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4