Hi - Anal Fissure Support Forum

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi

Postby mbuya73 » 29 Dec 2010, 13:30

Well having finally found here, thought I'd see if anyone here can provide any further ideas on what might improve things at all.
had my AF for over 2yrs and having had several courses of GTN (rectogesic) with no success- palpitations 8hr headaches etc resulting in stopping that.
ditto zero success with diltiazem.
diet changes and fibre and lactulose helped a bit but further recurrence resulted in manometry and finally surgery (LIS) 13 dec 2010.
is severe pain normal post op?
Im a vet so realising the pus from wound wasnt normal took self to doctor who diagnosed wound infection, put me on antibiotics and extra pain relief.
pain worsened severely so off to A&E, saw surgical registrar eventually after he refused to see me and I asked for 2nd opinion informed I couldnt have infection or be seeing pus.
he gave me suppositories, A&E doc gave me morphine before I saw him so not at my best.
eventually went to see GP again and he diagnosed probable abscess/deep seated infection, and further antiobiotics and now on ludicrous analgesia.
pain was improving til today but again cant walk without pain, now extending towards coccyx and down right leg.
am trying to avoid morphine due to brain fog but heading there again.
can anyone please tell me this is going to end or what the heck I can do to relieve it?
have liquid stool at present due to antibiotics and lactulose.
am at wits end.
sorry to witter on. any advice gratefully appreciated
mbuya73

Topics: 1

Re: Hi

Postby Guest » 29 Dec 2010, 14:07

Hey there,
severe pain is not normal in my opinion. Are you seeing a crs? Many people who have infection need surgery to drain the abscess and antibiotics aren't enough.
I'm no expert but your symptoms are alarming to me. I would find another doctor. You may need surgery to drain an abscess or you could possibly have a fistula.
It sounds like you are in unusual pain! Morphine shouldn't be necessary unless something is terribly wrong. Can you see another doctor or go to the hospital?!!

Re: Hi

Postby Guest » 29 Dec 2010, 14:11

pss...
Is lactulose a stimulant laxative? I'm not familiar with it, but if it is, I would stop it while taking the antibiotics. Many of us on this board take miralax/movicol or colace(docusate sodium) which are stool softeners and draw water into the bowel.
God Bless and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are in so much pain.