Compounded Diltiazem

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Compounded Diltiazem

Postby Soreguy » 15 Jan 2011, 12:25

I just got this stuff yesterday, 150 grams.
I was expecting tubes like toothpaste but i got it in a small tub, its not as thick as I thought it would be, its definitely a cream and not a gel or paste.
The pharmacist says to apply it 3x a day. I am going to use a minimum effective dose as I have read up on side effects and as a heads up I dont think this stuff is okay to use long term (longer than 3 months).
But there shouldn't be much systematic absorption although if anyone is getting any side effects then there obviously is.
Is it okay to drink on this stuff??
Soreguy
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby sphinctersaurus » 15 Jan 2011, 16:46

Hi Soreguy!
There's certainly plenty of info out there regarding mixing Alcohol and oral Diltiazem ... a definate no-go apparently. However there isn't much info at all regarding Alcohol and topical Diltiazem. It's also, apparently, amongst the many things the phamacist I got mine from origionally does not seem to know.
So ... just caution I guess?
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby sphinctersaurus » 16 Jan 2011, 04:01

Hey Soreguy, I was at another pharmacy today, so I asked the pharmacist about alcohol and Diltiazem. She said that it should be fine in moderaton.
On a more irritating note, I have a nice new rash on my poor tortured behind :( ... so Diltiazem is sadly not an option either. Given my problems with Rectogesic and the apparent unavailabity of Nifedipine here, I'm out of options as far as ointments go. This morning I used Vaseline, and apart from the skin tag and rash being horrible most of the day (probably to do with the 5 BMs), it actually hasn't been that bad.
I know that nasty little weasel is just lulling me into a false sense of security though, and just about the time I start thinking I can get by using only Vaseline, it will strike, and put me in my place. I did breifly entertain the idea of continuing with Diltiazem anyway, but a day of burning, stinging and itching rash fun, as well as all the usual fissure and skin tag drama, soon changed my mind about that.
I'm pretty sure the skin tag is getting bigger too. It's so painful at the moment, that even a light flow of water hurts ... forget about touching it in any way ... NOT A CHANCE!
Oh ... I'm sorry to be so doom and gloom about it. I know everyone here is suffering.
I'm going to look on the bright side! That skin tag has a mind all of its own ... I think maybe, I might be growing a tail, and that could be useful for all kinds of things.
It may even improve my balance! :D
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby happyass » 16 Jan 2011, 05:58

hahaha sphinctersaurus, sounds like you have a laverne & shirley growing too!
i am relieved to hear that someone feels/thinks they have a growing skin tag. it really made my days post-colonoscopy an adventure.
i had a very very small tiny skin tag prior to the colonoscopy and active fissure but after that, the fissure seemed to have mended and it didn't give me any problems. but what did change for the next three years, was the evolution of that skin tag.
location is on the verge of mostly outside the interior anal canal but has some ties with the beginning of the interior anal canal where the fissure took up residence.
i can tell you, it was nice getting rid of the fissure pain but that stupid skin tag has its own level of pain and discomfort when it was irritated.
and since it has been growing, it really didn't give me any peace of mind so it is coming off on wednesday.
i had enough of it for 3 years.
luckily for me, it has been behaving for a while, as else everything down there. almost feels like everything is healed which is a bum because i will have the LIS, removal of skin tag, and a few more little removal of other skin growths that i know i will feel like i took a big step backward compared to feeling so good these past few weeks.
oh well..what i used for the skin tag, to tame it, was vicks vapor rub. and that helped soothe it. it was my sanity on really intense skin tag moodiness days.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Soreguy » 16 Jan 2011, 07:25

sphinctersaurus wrote:Hey Soreguy, I was at another pharmacy today, so I asked the pharmacist about alcohol and Diltiazem. She said that it should be fine in moderaton.
On a more irritating note, I have a nice new rash on my poor tortured behind :( ... so Diltiazem is sadly not an option either. Given my problems with Rectogesic and the apparent unavailabity of Nifedipine here, I'm out of options as far as ointments go. This morning I used Vaseline, and apart from the skin tag and rash being horrible most of the day (probably to do with the 5 BMs), it actually hasn't been that bad.

Thanks, I dont drink very often except for this time of year I will enjoy the occasional bear so dont really want to pass it up.
About the rash, it is a noted side effect for oral dilt but any type of topicals are very much known to cause this, I would try a much lower dose or different base before giving up.
Soreguy
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby sphinctersaurus » 16 Jan 2011, 23:24

Thanks Happy,
Yup, my little friend is definitely growing! When I first noticed it was there, it was about the size of the nail on my pinky finger, disc shaped and quite flat. It's at least three times the size now, and has changed shape somewhat as well. It now looks more like a little Kidney.
It's at the front of the butt and has now also formed a web from the left to the right side. The webbed part is especially easy to damage. With my finger, I can feel that the scar tissue extends quite far into the anal canal and protrudes in a kind of wrinkle, which puts a big long trench in my poop as it exits.
For some reason, when my body decides it’s go time, I get the 10 second warning, and the stupid skin tag makes a run for it and scoots up inside. Maybe it's frightened? Maybe it just doesn't like to be crapped on? I dunno! Either way, what goes in must come out! ... And that can really hurt.
I know what you mean about surgery. My ideal would be to have had the fissure really acting up right before surgery; otherwise it's hard to convince yourself that you're doing the right thing. It's such an up and down affair though! I go through periods, as it seems many do, when the fissure is not too bad ... never normal like old times, but manageable. I’ll no sooner accept that surgery is inevitable, when it starts behaving a little. But the next calamity is always just around the corner, and I don't want to live the rest of my life like that!
Thursday isn't long to wait now. Maybe a stupid question, but how nervous are you?
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist