Goodness...new question

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Goodness...new question

Postby Guest » 08 Aug 2007, 07:47

This isn't necessarily an anal fissure question, but I feel comfortable "talking" with you people on here. This morning I noticed what I thought was blood specks (just 1 or 2) in my BM. I've had it before but only when I eat red things (like M and Ms) and last night I had tomatoes for dinner. Could it just be from that or do you think I have more to be concerned about? I'm very close to calling for a colonoscopy just to put my mind at ease. Everything else seems normal-- the BMs are nice and soft and I certainly am not losing weight or feel tired or anything. Just wanted some opinions.

Re: Goodness...new question

Postby Guest » 08 Aug 2007, 08:03

It happens to me quite abit. I eat lots of salads that usually have raw red vegetables (tomatoes, radishes, beets, etc…) they tend to appear in my stool the next morning, especially tomatoes. I think the tomatoe skins are not fully digestible. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Postby happyass » 08 Aug 2007, 14:48

hmmmm.....
well i never! :-)
that is, when i eat red things, does it affect the color of my poop.
being 37, i got the colonoscopy because i had bleeding here and there. and well, to be on the safe side for other reasons, i am happy i got it.
hearing other younger people die in their 30s or 40s of colon cancer, i can't imagine not wanting to get one if you have any anxiety or concerns.
although it was my first one and thus a very anxiety-filled experience for me, now i know better and wouldn't be scared to do another one at all.
if worse comes to worse, you can always do a hemmo-cult, where they can get some of your pooh and look for blood in there and maybe then after that, suggest and/or confirm the need for a colonoscopy.
else, it is something worth considering talking about with your CRS.
good luck.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 08 Aug 2007, 15:03

well what concerned me is the specks of red that didn't necessarily look like the skin from the tomatoes. I called and they are getting me in on the 17th for a colonoscopy. I'm tired of trying to guess.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 08 Aug 2007, 16:02

I have tiny specks of bright red blood (is your's bright red?) sometimes, especially while my fissure was active It's probably the fissure. But the colonoscopy is a good thing to do, anyway!!!
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 08 Aug 2007, 16:03

that was quick.
if you have an active af, just make sure to eat very light the two days before the actual prep and have some vaseline handy to coat your anus to help protect your af and your anus from getting irritated and forming another one.
:-)
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 08 Aug 2007, 16:11

Kim - yes they were bright red or at least red enough for me to see interspersed in it. I'm hoping it was just the stewed tomatoes I had yesterday. My GI is pretty good about getting me in quick when I sound desperate!! I'm hoping all turns out good so I can live again and then maybe I can deal with the fissure which actually seems pretty good right now so I hope to God I don't ruin it with the prep next week!! Ugh...I'm only 38.

Postby dano » 08 Aug 2007, 22:06

the hemmocult is a good idea,my dr takes one when i get examined,then puts some on this weird paper,if it turns color there is a small amount blood present.basically painless and worth doing while hes up there fooling around
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13