Am feeling a bit better but.......

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Am feeling a bit better but.......

Postby evie » 25 Jan 2011, 16:49

hi nimitor just read your post about the bleeding issue, i too bled quite a lot for 2 months and thought that it must be something quite scarey but, after going to my g.p she got me a2 week appt to see crs and they realised they would have to sedate me to even examine me due to the horriffic pain i had and it was then they found out i had chronic fissure and went ahead to give me botox which i hope will do the trick i,am 8 days now since the injections and feel soooo much better hopeing it will not return as they say if it did i will have to have surgery which i know lotts of you guys on here have had but withdiet prevention i hope i dont go down that road so please dont worry about the amount of blood loss as i also had large amount and its turned out to be a fissure which is nasty enough for me lol if you know what i mean? so hang on in there . xxx
evie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby PaulsPain » 25 Jan 2011, 17:38

I just had a colonoscopy this last November with an active fistula with a draining seton, and a tender area that still causes me grief some days - not sure if it the old fistula site or a fissure.
The prep wasn't bad at all - doesn't burn. I was sedated during the procedure and experienced some discomfort at the first turn. But I found it interesting watching the monitor.
Also, in my case I wish I would have asked for a colonoscopy much earlier after battling with a fissure for years. When I had my LIS the CRS then suspected something more was going on. Turns out Crohn's was the root cause of my issues - very isolated just found in peri-anal area and my ileocecal valve. So this changed my complete treatment approach now. So I wish I would have known this earlier since I may have been able to save myself some agony....abscess and deep fistula.
I didn't have any of the typical GI symptoms so when I mentioned IBD they(CRS's) would brush it off....
So ruling out IBD or other diseases that can cause fissures early on would definitely be nice for piece of mind.
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Guest » 25 Jan 2011, 19:58

alpinestrawberry wrote:Dawn, I worry about the prep too. I have a pretty sensitive system; I'm pretty sure I have IBS because I've had problems my ENTIRE life, literally. So, I think those prep drugs will be way too strong for me. I'm diarrhea prone as it is, so I picture myself up all night vomiting and suffering with intense gut cramps even after there's nothing left to pass.

I was so afraid it would be painful with the fissure. I had to take antibiotics once w/ my fissure which caused 3-4 liquid bm's a day. I applied the vaseline before- a tip I had read on here and it worked. I asked my crs if it could hurt w/ the fissure and she said possibly. She was really cool though. She knew I was a basket case and scared of everything(LOL). I was suppose to do an enema before my LIS and I asked would that hurt and she said I didn't have to do it either.
I recall her saying miralax would be part of the bowel prep they use for colonoscopy's . I think there's different options to choose from w/ some CRS's.

Postby frustrated » 26 Jan 2011, 01:50

My prep wasn't too bad and I think it was because I ate even lighter than normal 2 days before. There just wasn't a whole lot to come out. I used Moviprep, I think, and the nurse said she thought it was better than the
Tri- lite. I had a bit of swelling from my hemis after but no pain from the fissure.
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8