Going through some hard times with this fissure problem.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Going through some hard times with this fissure problem.

Postby Bobcat » 19 Jan 2011, 04:34

Hi
I've just invested in some Preparation H wipes, to use instead of loo roll and I tell you what they are a god send! I'm still bleeding, burning etc and these are just wonderful!!
I got them from Amazon, check it out!
Bobcat
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

prep h wipes

Postby evie » 22 Jan 2011, 16:19

hi, there bobcat just been reading some of your posts and you wrote of preporation h wipes, i did,nt know they were available going to get me some thanks for the info! xx it all helps, when there is so much pain as it is when having to get clean after the dreaded b.m [as tesco advert say,s every little helps] ha ha x
evie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Paininthea$$ » 24 Jan 2011, 18:25

Visited my doctor today. We have noticed no improvement over the last four weeks. As a result, he is going to do an internal check up and if needed an LIS on the spot. Considering that I've been dealing with this for close to two months, I have to guess that I have a chronic fissure and that the LIS will need to be performed. Do you guys suggest me laying off the Miralax?? I'm really nervous about this.
Paininthea$$
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Bobcat » 25 Jan 2011, 00:08

Hi Pain, I assume that if they are going to do an internal under sedation then they will probably give you stuff to clean you out completely. My dad has had umpteen of these and they always give him stuff to make him go to the loo first. That's just a guess from me mind, you'll have to let me know what happens, I'm due an examination myself. Good luck, and just think, if they do the LIS it's the beginning of the end of the torture for you. No matter how uncomfortable the recovery may be, you know there's an end in sight! :D
Hey Evie! Enjoy the wipes!! I found them to be a godsend! I've been involved in a few posts about Vicks Vaporub (EH?? I know!! Image ) Apparently, a small amount on the burning sensation can really help. The menthol apparently gives great relief. I'm lucky enough to have got this under control for the moment, and I really think that my mush in mush out logic has helped. Hope you feel better soon!!
Bobcat
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Paininthea$$ » 28 Jan 2011, 09:10

Todays the big day! Im due at the hospital in 3 hours. I will post later today or tomorrow with the outcome.
@Bobcat - they didn't give me anything to clean me out. Just the basic no eating or drinking after midnight.
Paininthea$$
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 28 Jan 2011, 15:30

Hope your procedure went well today Paininthea$$! You're on your way to healing now Image
Bobcat, I didn't have a clear out either when I had LIS:)

Postby Paininthea$$ » 28 Jan 2011, 16:30

Just finished! Going to update on the LIS board.
Paininthea$$
Fibre Addict