Bambi's first report post surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Bambi's first report post surgery

Postby Bambi » 18 Feb 2011, 14:14

Hi all-
I am having a hard time getting comfortable to type and not sit today but I wanted to at least check in today. I realize now I missed a good chance yesterday when the numbing meds were still on board! Basically I feel pretty good about how everything is going. As you know, I had some thoughts pre-surgery that maybe I didn't need to do it. But my CRS told my hubbie afterwards that he was surprised at how tight my internal sphincter was and that it was "very spastic". Dawn had suspected that given my frequent BMs but I have never had what I considered spasms that I felt. So yesterday I bled quite a bit but that started getting better later in the evening. I took my pain meds as directed and decided to use 1 TB citrucel and Colace along with my increased Miralax. I've been keeping a log, which helps with all this med stuff. This morning I woke up around 2 AM and felt I heard God telling me to get up and take more Vicodin and Advil. When I saw how early it was (I was thinking more of gearing up for possible BM that morning) I thought maybe I'll wait a while. And then I began to have some throbbing (God did know best!). So I got up, ate some oatmeal, too meds and watched TV a while. Went back to bed and woke up around 8 so I was almost at the 6 hour post meds time again. I hurt (probably 5-6) and part of that was the plug which was half in and half out. After eating and taking more meds, stool softener, and citrucel, I went up to pee and with a rather explosive motion the plug came out along with two small soft turds. It wasn't too bad at all and I had just taken the pills so they didn't have that much to do with it. So I have felt better about all that. I definitely hurt to sit today. I feel restless even with the meds on board but am trying to make myself rest. With that in mind, I'm signing off but promise to check back in again later.
And HappyAss, Brownsville! I haven't been down that way or to Port Isabel for a long time. Glad you had fun, sorry to hear of your increased troubles and happy to hear you are doing ok on the other fronts. You are a brave person and so kind.
And Dawn- you are amazing!
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Re: Bambi's first report post surgery

Postby Guest » 18 Feb 2011, 14:24

Bambi,
I am ecstatic that you have this surgery behind you~ Finally!!! The bm's had to give you some confidence that you can do this Image
Just count weeks now and take it day by day as it comes. It's all a little weird, just keep your routine and rest!! God Bless!!!!! I'm so Happy for you Image

Postby sphinctersaurus » 18 Feb 2011, 15:22

Hey Bambi,
Congratulations!!!
You did it! The first few days might be a bit tough, but they will pass surprisingly quickly ... With a kind of drug fueled swiftness! You'll be through the worst of it soon. Rest up and take your medicine like a good Bambi! :D
With every passing moment, you're healing a little bit more ... and more ... and more … and more.
Really happy for you!
Get well soon.
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby happyass » 18 Feb 2011, 15:36

thanks for checking in Bambi!
and congratulations for making it thru your first night and so quickly, your first post-LIS BM! i think you hit the record of quickest post-LIS BM!!!!
make sure you take your pain meds like clockwork for the first week and your softners as well as please do your 3 hot sitz baths per day. those will help tremendously.
i want to know more about this plug you talk about. what is it?
hope you have some yummy fissure-friendly foods and other diversions at home to help pass the time and make it fun.
you'll feel odds things here and there but over time, they decrease. try not to think of them too much for the first week.
okay, the hardest part is now over and the healing part now has started! be gentle.
i will keep you in my prayers for continued positive steps and healing!
we are all proud of you Bambi!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74