LIS 6 months post-op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS 6 months post-op

Postby Bumbutt » 25 Feb 2011, 02:36

Hope that you are doing well Steve, and that you are seeing some (slowww) progress...
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby cherylk » 25 Feb 2011, 05:48

Ditto, Steve!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby StevePain » 25 Feb 2011, 05:59

Hey Bumbutt, I'm just plodding along steadily, the only real thing that causes pain for me is pushing too hard during BM, so now I kind of know my limits after much trial and error, I could make my stools much softer but that only seems to aggravate my rectum like crazy, I guess I now have a hypersensitive rectum because of the surgery so soft fluffy stools are a no-no, I have no problem with bulky stools at all - thankfully, and plan on never taking the likes of Movicol ever again, the fibre supplement I'm taking works just fine.
I think my healing has been hampered by popping my stitches in the first week and sticking with Movicol for 4 months which made my stools to runny and frequent, they stung and burnt like hell for hours after and cleaning the anus after this type of poop is never ending, all this has contributed to my slow healing process (that's my theory anyway)
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Bumbutt » 28 Feb 2011, 02:03

I'm glad you are starting to find something that is working for you and eliminating the things that don't work! It's too bad that there isn't one formula that we could all apply in order to heal our butts.
Sending you some healing thoughts!
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby StevePain » 01 Mar 2011, 14:45

Thanks bb, this is proof that we are all different, we all have our own way of dealing with this, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another, the key is to find what works best for you and stick with it, I have learnt this through many trials and errors.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45