To schedule or not to schedule?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: To schedule or not to schedule?

Postby Bambi » 11 Mar 2011, 00:37

Well I was sitting on the toilet and I usually have my feet on the bathroom scale so I'm not on tip-toe ( I have kindof short legs) and as I started to go the incision site on the opposite side from the fissure started to hurt and I was just so scared. I tried leaning to one side, then the other and thought it wasn't going to be good (I'll never really know). But I remembered that some on here have consistently been squatting and I remembered one of them saying they put something like paper or whatever down on the floor, so I just ripped out a page from a magazine so I would have something to help pick it up from the floor and I pooped on the paper as I squatted right there in front of the toilet. It actually worked pretty well and I disposed of the poop in the toilet and the page like a diaper - in a plastic bag and right into the outside garbage afterwards. Back in the summer, for a while I was putting my feet up on an exercise stool I kept in the bathroom. I saw on Dr. Oz's program that he recommended doing that to simulate a squat. After a while I began to think it was putting a different kind of strain and not in the best place so I stopped that. I have never done the actual squatting before or since, but it really did help me get through the first one. Like I said, it may be that once it started coming out after that initial opening up of things it may have been ok anyway... Try not to get too worried about it. As with many people on here, I actually found the first BM to not be as bad as my mind had built up and it didn't hurt at all on the fissure side. It was more of a bruised, sore feeling that seemed logical and to be expected. Not as sharp as the fissure pain. But everyone is different- it gets better though! The one thing I know is if I try to hold things in it tends to hurt more. It is definitely one of those step at a time things, but things do get better. I can't remember if you had a skin tag removed . As with some others here, that is the thing that is bothering me the longest as it heals- I haven't really had much pain at all from the fissure site since the surgery and the incision pain has resolved gradually.
Try to relax and for me it helps to take a breath and expel it through pursed lips just as things start to come out.
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby slhall » 11 Mar 2011, 04:13

You know.. I love a site where we can talk about pooping freely and without judgement!! :) My friends just think I'm obsessed with it....which I guess I am, with reason. Here, it's all ok!! I use a stool too.... I'll have to keep that in mind about the squating when I feel it coming. I'm gonna try to back off just a little on the pain meds today... I mean like maybe go 6-7 hours betweeen doses as opposed to 4 or 5 and see if that gets things moving.
slhall
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby StevePain » 11 Mar 2011, 14:06

I highly recommend squatting, after all it's natures way!!
I squat every day over the bathtub, sounds a bit strange but there you go, I feel the most comfortable this way and BM's come out with ease and the bath is very easy to clean.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby slhall » 17 Mar 2011, 18:24

Yea, I've totally been doing the squatting thing. Have the old magazines in the bathroom all ready, along with some non-alcohol baby wipes. It does help. I'm still squating and I"ve been going for about 6 days now. I find that the area where the skin tag does seem to hurt the most... althogh I'm really unsure. I still have several bumps and lumps down there. But I did before too.
slhall
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

looking for a colorectal dr in utah

Postby Lifewfissure » 03 Nov 2016, 21:28

Hi. I have had a terrible fissure for two years now . I have tried every cream and been to two colorectal drs I do not like. Any good suggestions for LIS sr in Utah?
Lifewfissure

looking for a colorectal dr in utah

Postby Lifewfissure » 03 Nov 2016, 21:28

Hi. I have had a terrible fissure for two years now . I have tried every cream and been to two colorectal drs I do not like. Any good suggestions for LIS dr in Utah?
Lifewfissure