Is there any new research being done?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Is there any new research being done?

Postby Eliza » 18 Mar 2011, 15:22

I just wondered if anyone knows what sort of research is going on in this field? Surely there must be some new technology or medical advance that would help us?
How about some sort of film, a mini sticking plaster type thing, that could be applied accross the AF holding it together and keeping it poo free at the same time? Then it could be removed after the AF healed.
I live in hope...
Eliza
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Is there any new research being done?

Postby Savaici » 18 Mar 2011, 17:11

I know that Diltiazem gel is going to be available in the US soon, as it is in the final stages of research. So won't have to be compounded.
And, this is a good site generally, to see what is going on in the world of research, or what is up to date : http://www.uptodate.com/index
A search on google, with anal fissure research, might bring some luck. Just had a quick look.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby magnesium » 19 Mar 2011, 03:13

I have celiac disease i cured my fissures with a gluten free diet and very high magnesium doses a leading celiac researcher in america is picking up 1/3 of the population with this disease he is doing stool testing.celiac is an autoimunne disease so it looks like fissures are an autoimmune problem.i explained elsewhere on the forum how i cured myself and my sister as well anyone want to ask me a question feel free thanks
magnesium
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Downthere » 19 Mar 2011, 09:26

Savaici talked about Diltiazem gel; it's available here in Denmark, but only through one single pharmacy. I have been using it for 6 weeks. There have been days when I thought the fissure was about to be healed, but no ...
The gel feels good, eases maybe things, but in my case it hasn't (as yet ...) been doing a proper healing.
But a VERY interesting question: Which research is being performed in this field?
Downthere
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Savaici » 19 Mar 2011, 14:34

Hej med dig, Martin! It is very difficult to know what research is being done. I did a search on "clinical trials anal fissures" and came up with various sites that might be of interest concerning research.
I am sure that others here will be able to give you their reactions to the various medications; I did not have. Good response to the Diltiazem as it had lidocaine in it and I have an allergy to that.
Welcome to the group.
Savaici
Administrator

Postby StevePain » 20 Mar 2011, 14:37

Eliza wrote:I just wondered if anyone knows what sort of research is going on in this field? Surely there must be some new technology or medical advance that would help us?
How about some sort of film, a mini sticking plaster type thing, that could be applied accross the AF holding it together and keeping it poo free at the same time? Then it could be removed after the AF healed.

If only it was that simple!!!.... BTW I don't think a plaster would stick in such an area and even if it did, could you imagine pulling it off (like you do elsewhere on the body) Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Savaici » 20 Mar 2011, 18:44

Eeeck!! Pain of pulling off plaster!!!!
But, maybe something like a second skin, that would gradually come off as you heal. I can dream...
Savaici
Administrator