Feeling of a bruise,

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Feeling of a bruise,

Postby mk87 » 20 Mar 2011, 09:32

Anyone else have the same symptoms of the feeling of the area inside the rectum being bruised.
Not a stingy sensation of a wound, but more of a bruise when you press on it. The skin seems tense and there's a dull bruise like ache.
mk87
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: Feeling of a bruise,

Postby Bumbutt » 20 Mar 2011, 14:22

Yes mk. I recognize the bruised feeling. It has only gone away in the past 2 or 3 weeks for me, but before that, I felt bruised for most of the day after a BM. However, that feeling has now disappeared for me, and it disappeared surprisingly quickly.
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby mk87 » 20 Mar 2011, 14:38

The feeling you had, was this from the inside, or around the sphincter.
Because when all my problems started back in august 2010, the entire area around the sphincter felt bruised. Now it's the inside in the line of the fissure that feels bruised. The tissue once pressed on hurts.
Im anxious to hear what the doc has to say on my appointment later this month to see what has come up. I will address the bruising feeling once again because i feel they have overlooked it and have only spent their time on the sigmoidoscopy from the inside....
mk87
Salt Bather

Postby Bumbutt » 22 Mar 2011, 02:46

I would say I felt bruised around the sphincter and up into the rectum. I just felt like a cylinder area, of about 5 inches in length, just felt bruised after going to the bathroom. I had that bruised feeling for at least a couple months, but now it has disappeared.
After the sigmoidoscopy, I also felt a little better (I read you experienced that too, in another post), and wonder if the stretching of the sphincter through all those little invasions (the sigmoidoscopy and the enemas) didn't relax things a little bit, ironically enough!
I asked my CRS if all the sensations I was having came from the fissure, and he said yes (although I'm not sure how much I trust him).
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby alpinestrawberry » 22 Mar 2011, 07:03

Hey, just thought I'd chime in...I've had this happen to me too. Sometimes the aching has even preceded the fissure tearing again, sometimes not. And yes it hurts to press on it when it's aching like this.
I hate my butt. I want a new one.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby mk87 » 22 Mar 2011, 07:40

I am no longer at the stage where i have a lot of pain. There is only a brief sensation during BM and when i flex my sphincter. It's an annoying habit but it's also a habit to check if pain is still there.
I've had the feeling of bruising around the external side of the sphincter for a month or so till that healed. Than the skintag felt like salt in a wound type of feeling, that went a way and became dull. Then the dullness inside became more prominent. But i've always had the dull bruised feeling inside, along the entire length of the wound. But not anywhere else on the inside.
I aggravated the wound a couple of days ago by messing about with it with feeling etc. But ever since then things started to subdue again.
Im only using wheatgrass and no lidocaine.
Maybe the bruised feeling is a feeling of healing? I don't know what to believe anymore, it's been a pretty weird experience so far....
Weirdest of all. I never knew what hit me... No acute fissure that hurt or anything, just one day till the other that I felt the entire wound etc and skintag. And it's been like this since august. But the pain has been at an almost 2/3 out of 10 now. Certainly liveable, but not pleasant because you want to be "normal" again.
Maybe if someone is reading this that has healed. And with healed i mean no more pain, none whatsoever. Are you left with the tissue? The tag and the bump, wound tissue? I could live with having that, just as long as all pain sensations are gone
mk87
Salt Bather