The AF is back, but I have a story to tell you.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: The AF is back, but I have a story to tell you.

Postby Bambi » 09 Apr 2011, 16:05

Hey ss-
I am 7 weeks post LIS and have been through many things over the past couple of years. I still have an unopened bottle of the Amoils Fissure oil upstairs and tried Dr. Wheatgrass for a while. Like others on here, it seemed to help at first and I was very hopeful but then it didn't get me to the point of really being healed and it seemed to stop helping as much. I just wanted to share that my first emergence of my fissure was about 2 years ago exactly (in a couple of weeks). It was a pretty stressful, but happy time. My daughter was getting married in July and I was enjoying getting the response cards back every day. I was also planning a big retirement party at our house for mid May and we were also doing the rehearsal dinner at our house the night before the wedding. So I had a lot going on. Anyway- I wanted the yard to look really nice for all our events and wanted to plant flowers early- in late April in our Colorado climate. So I spent 1 really long day on a very warm April day here planting pots and things outside. I didn't drink much water at all . I was taking iron for anemia at the time. I also take a diuretic for high blood pressure. And because I often have allergies, especially after working outside all day, I took at Zrteck as well. I have always been the one to have a tendency to loose stools, even on iron supplements, so I didn't think anything about it. Well- as you can imagine, that night I spent about 2 hours in the bathroom trying to birth the largest stool to ever come out of me. That was the beginning of my troubles. Luckily, taking a Colace each night and using A and D ointment at my husband's suggestion, made the fissure go away in about 6 weeks. Then for I don't know why, it resurfaced with a bang one year ago last week. I don't think I had taken an allergy pill, but I may have. I am now really afraid of them! I think they push my hydration right over the edge and create a bad situation for me. So this spring I will just be sneezing away...
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby ss616 » 12 Apr 2011, 08:38

So it's been now about 2 weeks since this ordeal started - honestly I can stand the pain from the BM itself but the spasms 40 mins afterwards are the most painful.
I apply about 15-20 mins after the BM the NG cream hope to avoid a spasm attack.
The fissure itself is a constant dull pain as well... so annoying.
ss616
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby ss616 » 12 Apr 2011, 11:56

One thing I forgot to mention earlier, my first week of the fissure was fine, almost on it's way to being healed. It was when my CRS did a "check" on the AF, I think he tore it open further. He even told me, it will definitely bleed now... indirectly admitting that he might have stretched it even further. Since that day, it's been downhill and a lot more pain... about a week. I'm pissed and i want this f*#&er to heal asap.
ss616
Salt Bather

Postby ss616 » 13 Apr 2011, 08:34

Took 250mg of Colace yesterday and had a somewhat HARD bowl movement this morning that ended with nice streaks of bright red blood.
God I'm so frustrated... My doc said I still need to let it try to heal w/ the NG ointment or we can start talking surgery.
I just want to go back to before this ever happend.
ss616
Salt Bather