It's happening again.....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

It's happening again.....

Postby Deedee62 » 28 Apr 2011, 03:34

So the Nifedipine has been working well - having very little pain. Just a little soreness when I go. But this morning I started bleeding again. That scares me worse than the pain did. Why does this keep happening?
Deedee62
Salt Bather

Topics: 16

Re: It's happening again.....

Postby alpinestrawberry » 28 Apr 2011, 06:21

Hi Deedee,
I hate the blood the most! It's worse than the pain in some ways. But honestly, it's because we've got it in our heads that that part of our body is not supposed to bleed, ever. But, the fact that it is bleeding doesn't mean anything more serious than a scratch or a nosebleed though. You have a cut, and cuts bleed, unless you're a zombie. All I can say, is you're probably just not healed yet. Once a fissure turns chronic it doesn't hurt as much as it did in the acute phase, so just feeling a little soreness when you go could actually mean the fissure is still open and bleeding.
You have to be really persistent with the ointments, Miralax, and diet and water intake; you also have to be patient, because it can take weeks to improve.
A little blood can look like a lot, too. Hang in there, and keep doing what you're doing! I know this is tough, but you're on the right path towards getting healed, even if it eventually comes down to surgery, you will sort this out!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Downthere » 28 Apr 2011, 10:02

I'm on the same wagon: Bleeding and pain stopped in the start of April, a week later I stopped with the diltiazem, no problem, two weeks later I stopped with Movicol and after a weekend with not enough fibre (and some alcohol): Blood and pain again. Looks like the whole damned thing has opened up again.
Guess I must try to redo the whole cure :-(
Give me patience!
Downthere
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby buttbegone » 28 Apr 2011, 11:28

hey deedee and downthere, i'm having the same issue. i made a log book starting in the beginning of March, about 2 months after I started the AF problem, and tracked all the food i ate, exercise routine, sitzs, BMs, pain and blood amounts, water intake, etc. I found some patterns for myself that I can attribute to opening up the fissure. With the help of this forum I managed to get rid of all the blood through dietary and routine changes (sitz baths) but still had minor discomfort during BMs. Now, after inhaling the easter candy my kids rejected, and enjoying a delicious easter tri tip bbq I caused a serious setback. I knew it was coming and just settled back into my routine. The pain/discomfort is already dissapating but the blood doth floweth like a river. If it's anything like the previous bout in March it'll take several days and up to a week to get the blood back under control. I am glad the pain is already on its way out. That used to take the wind out of me and really mess with my head for the rest of the day.
Thanks for letting me vent. Off for a sitz!
buttbegone
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2