i'm scared to write this as i don't want to jinx myself!!!!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

i'm scared to write this as i don't want to jinx myself!!!!!

Postby happyass » 12 Jan 2007, 18:44

well after seeing the Colon Rectal Surgeon on 12/18, we had opted for a colonoscopy, LIS, and fistulotomy on 2/26.
my follow up appt was going to be 2/6 to square things away although he wanted to see me the first week of january.
well, after his diagnosis of a fistula, i have been freaking out more so over the fissure. last weekend, i disturbed the area and well, i was just excacerbated about the whole thing.
i figured i would see if we could move up the 2/26 sooner - not that i really wanted to but i was scared of this fistula turning into a horseshoe fistula and what not!!!! Image
so i was scared today going to see him. although i love him; he's an older man, jolly body, and well, just a cute dumpling!
anyway, he looked at me today and got in a little bit deeper - stretched my anus a bit more than before but didn't do an anoscopy. he gave me a pardon of execution.
he said that things looked really good back there with the healing of the fissure and that the fistula that was sitting over it should also heal up well. :shock:
so after examination, he cancelled the LIS and fistulotomy and we kept the date for the colonoscopy.
Image Image
i was happy...
but i was a bit in a cloud too....
anyway, he said to keep doing what i was doing and that he'd see me on 2/26. he gave me some pointers on preparing for the colonoscopy.
this was quite unexpected as i am still healing and a bit tender down there.
i was praying to God all week and i guess now i will have to try my best to be more faithful to God.
i hope i get more improvement on 2/26.
i am happy....but i hope my fissure is not playing tricks on me.... :afro:
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Re: i'm scared to write this as i don't want to jinx myself!!!!!

Postby Cheryl » 13 Jan 2007, 16:55

Howdy Gareth :bom:
Great news no colonoscopy or LIS Image
....but i am a wee bit suspect of that fissure :suspect: Did you say youve had this little baby for 4 years? (forgive me if im getting confused?)
If you have had IT for that many years, i reckon its laying dorment for a bit - and may come back, just ask Hugh..
BUT you could be very lucky and on the road to FREEDOM!! For your sake i hope its the latter!
See how you go though, atleast the good thing is you are going ok now Image
Cheryl :alien:
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby happyass » 13 Jan 2007, 18:00

oh yes i know about that dormant stage.....i've had this baby since august 2004. so it would be three years come this august!!!!!
but i believe the difference was God primarily.
secondarily was the macrobiotic intervention too. eating more aware macrobiotically lowered my bad cholesterol by 30 points in a two month period, and positively affected my other blood work too to levels i haven't seen in like four years....
third reason is releasing the BM by squatting. it doesn't put pressure on the fissure, i don't have painful BMs anymore and the only thing that was the problem really was that questionable fistula which i think was really a big skin tag/sentinal pile. that's healing too.
this is unlike the other times that i have had the dormant fissure so something feels different.
i pray and will continue praying that this is it.
but i did keep my colonoscopy appt. for 2/26....so that i am still doing. i had wanted to do it for a while because i have been on maintenance medication for other stuff for a long time and well, better to check the colon.
i am happy with that.
plus when the doctor stretched my anus this time, there was no pain. i had inserted my finger the day before and the day of in order to get everything clean and of course to moisturize with some cocoa vitamin e oil.
and i feel fine.
not that i am going to move up to dildos or anything.... Image
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Jan 2007, 20:09

Yeah, I'd stay AWAY from the dildos :shock:
I'm happy to hear the good news Image maybe now you really CAN relax just a bit. I'm sure a huge weight has lifted. :D
All I can say is just keep doing what your doing. Your CRS doesn't seem too worried about the fistula. Stay consistent and you'll be fine.
I have a follow-up this week, Gawd, I hate the prospect Image
Hopefully I'll get to hear the same thing --"You're fissure's healing!"
Image Image Image
Deleted User 5