My visit to the CRS

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

My visit to the CRS

Postby fissure for sure » 04 May 2011, 20:05

After suffering with horrible new pain over the weekend, yesterday, I made the 50 mile trip to the CRS. He did a "thorough" exam (used the anoscope), but it didn't hurt too much. He said the fissure
looks pretty small and he wants me to do a run with nifedipine cream (the stuff he prescribes also has
arginine and bethanchol). This time I got the right amount (.2 %). If this doesn't work, he says I can consider botox.
I was pretty freaked out when I bled with my first bm after his examination (haven't bled since this thing started). Does this usually happen after an anoscope when you have a fissure? Did he do any more damage? I guess I really haven't had any more pain than before so far today, so I don't know.
I'm going to continue on with the cream, but I believe there may be something about Nifed that is
giving me side effects. Hope I can stick with it. If not, I'll ask for Diltiazem.
fissure for sure
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: My visit to the CRS

Postby Deleted User 579 » 05 May 2011, 09:42

hey fissureforsure! I'm so glad you got to see a CRS. It sounds like that has given you more options. It's also great that you got proper meds. I don't know if it's common for a fissure to bleed after an anoscope, but I do know in my case that pretty much anything can trigger a lot of bleeding - a slightly-larger-than-average BM, a loose BM, even a gusty angel gas! :oops: So it wouldn't surprise me if the scope caused some bleeding, but I doubt if he did more damage, especially since the pain is the same.
Good luck with the ointment - I really hope it works for you!
Deleted User 579

Postby Savaici » 06 May 2011, 08:29

Hi there. I bleed from time to time. Right now I have a terrible bout of influenza whi h gave me small blood clots and pain. I think I bled a bit after my anoscopy at the end of MRch, which was painful. I have been using Nifedipine since 31 March. I think some improvement, the skinhealing outside my anus, but not really sure. Have just sent for the Dr Wheatgraass cream to add to what might helpin the healing. No matter what I do (TMI coming up.. ) I do not seem to be able to have anything except hard'ish stools, some flat most days, and nearly always having to push to get this out. I have hydroxyethycellulose in my Nifedipine. Good luck. Happy to answer any questions. Em
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Deleted User 579 » 06 May 2011, 08:37

Oh Em! It really sucks that you got the flu :(
I was wondering how you were doing, I hope you recover from it very soon!
Deleted User 579

Postby mbpaul » 06 May 2011, 18:11

I had trouble with hardish stool even though I used stool softeners and fiber supplements. What worked for me was milk of magnesia. But, its tricking figuring out the right dose. Too little was useless and too much led to many BMs. For me, the ideal amount was about three table spoons at nights.
mbpaul
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Savaici » 06 May 2011, 18:53

Thanks, hopetoheal! So very annoyed with getting this, and it has played havoc with my rear. Took three days of antibiotics which I also reacted hellishly to. Have been bleeding with it all. FUN!
Paul. I take MOM too. But I still more often have hard BMs (of all shapes and sizes). I take about half a capful of the stuff a night, and an 1/8 of a peri-Colace. I have been researching comments on Mirilax, and am going to replace the peri-C by an approximate amount of the Mirilax, once I am over this awful flu.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby mbpaul » 07 May 2011, 09:40

Sounds like you should be increasing the dosage of MOM. How much colace do you take? I take double the suggested amount (I use the store brand equivalent, two pills in the morning and four at nights). My CRS said it was ok to increase the dosage and that its non-addictive. Remember too, lots and lots of liquids. And, coffee, tea and soda are not counted as liquid.
mbpaul
Salt Bather

Topics: 3