Finally got my date!!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Finally got my date!!!

Postby andy1505 » 16 May 2011, 12:14

Hello everyone
I have finally got my date for the Botox, it's the 21st June so only 5 more weeks to wait!! Had the fissure for over 5 months, so looking forward to getting it treated, but not looking forward to being knocked out!!!
Andy
andy1505
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: Finally got my date!!!

Postby Elphie » 16 May 2011, 17:17

I'm happy for you that you have a date to look forward to! That's the hardest part it seems and I'm glad you'll be knocked out for that cuz those shots hurt! Good luck for your Botox and hopefully you'll be less stressed and have less pain in the next five weeks. I hope we'll be hearing soon that you're on the road to healing your dragon!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Postby sidra1968 » 16 May 2011, 17:49

Congrats..and yeah, don't worry about being knocked out, I think it was kind of cool. It's nothing to even think about.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Deleted User 579 » 16 May 2011, 19:19

Good news Andy! I'm also glad you are getting knocked out. I've had needles in the butt and that is seriously not fun! I really hope the Botox works for you - good luck and please keep us posted :D
Deleted User 579

Postby dexterdude » 16 May 2011, 23:40

congrats! i'm also waiting for my botox + laser fissurectomy date, for which i'll also be knocked out. Tbh I was ecstatic when they told me I'll sleep through the thing, that way you don't feel a thing, not to mention the anxiety. Why do you fear it? I think it's great (especially reading some stories around here) :)
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby andy1505 » 17 May 2011, 03:39

I know i will be better being knocked out, just don't like the thought of it and what to expect after, for example Pain / discomfort?
So looking forward to the treatment and hopefully being pain free for the first time in over 6 months, it has not been an easy mess!!!
Looking forward to getting back out running, but will need to start my training from the start again, which is always hard!!
Thanks for all of the replies
Andy
andy1505
Salt Bather

Postby dexterdude » 17 May 2011, 04:37

Well, far as I read, for just Botox it could be no pain after, or at least no more spasms. For myself, as I'll be getting the fissurectomy, I expect pretty severe pain at the beginning, but to be honest, I don't expect it to be that much worse than what I'm feeling now. And even if it were, I always think that at least trying something is better than doing nothing at all. Hope's all we have I guess...
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Miserable » 17 May 2011, 13:29

Andy congrats!!! Please dont worry about being knocked out. Its honestly the best way and you wont believe the difference the botox makes. I had a return visit to hospital today following botox at start of April, and all seems to be progressing well. I am not scheduled to go back til Sept unless anything deteriorates. I can honestly say I have little to zero pain even after going to the loo. I do get some pain from skin tag that I now have but that is also minor and comes and goes. Doc says it will get better as fissure continues to heal. I am back to living a normal life though I do confess I still take more baths than the average person just as a preventative measure. I now have the go ahead to start horse riding again so we will see how that goes. I have been advised to pad myself up somehow before getting on board! So look forward to your botox, it will bring you so much relief and you may even get back to your running sooner rather than later. Be thinking of you so let us all know how you get on.
Miserable
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby dexterdude » 19 May 2011, 15:14

Got my date also today, it's a month from now. Pretty long time, but what can one do... My biggest fear is actually that it won't work and i'll be in even more pain with the fissurectomy (even if it's done with laser) :(
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist