im new here and suffering is it anal fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

im new here and suffering is it anal fissure

Postby stacey2011 » 29 May 2011, 15:04

Hi im new here after searching all through google about a anal fissure that i think i have, well i gave birth January 27th 2011 well after trouble going toilet first time after birth i developed hemmorohiods well i have got them under control by using witch hazel.
Now i have a awful pain on right side of my bum when im having a bm i sit there have to pile up with tissue and put pressure on my bum its a really bad burning feeling i cry and get all hot and sweaty and lightheaded. Also my muscles tighten up and get a shooting pain down my right leg im currently taking fybrogel and dulcoease stool softeners doesnt help at all.

I wipe myself with baby wipes and jump straight into the bath sit about 15mins and then till next day im in burning pain , throbbing i cant sleep very well and all my bum is a aching feeling like im bruised or something.
I have been doctors they prescribed me cream for hemmoriods i used it once and it got worse stinging and burning couldnt even walk, i went to chemist see if they had anything for a fissure they told me i have to go doctors for this well im going doctors tuesday see a nurse.
does it sound like a fissure (also when passing wind is so painful aswel) im really suffering looking after my son thats 4months old and dealing with this
Also im bleeding loads while having bm toilet is filled with blood and toilet paper
stacey2011

Topics: 2

Re: im new here and suffering is it anal fissure

Postby Deleted User 579 » 29 May 2011, 16:26

Hi Stacey - I'm sorry you have to be here, but Image
First: Congratulations on your baby! :D
Everybody here knows your pain. And you will get lots of great advice and wonderful support.
What you describe does sound like a fissure, I'm sorry to say. I recommend that you go back to the doc and tell her/him that you think you have a fissure and to please confirm that. Doctors have a have a bad habit of giving hemmie meds for everything and those are not good for fissures at all. In fact they can do more harm than good. You might want to ask your doctor about diltiazem or nitro ointment. These are used to increase blood flow to the anus so that fissures can heal. They also help the sphincter to stop spasming (spasms prevent healing). Warm baths also help with blood flow. The stool softeners are absolutely essential too. If you get on top of this now, the ointments have a better chance of working.
I really hope you get healed up very soon!
Deleted User 579

Postby Elphie » 31 May 2011, 08:47

Hi and congratulations on your new addition! I only have one thing to add, sit on a heating pad while nursing, this was the only way I could sit or even lie without constant sqirming. I hope your appointment goes well today and your doc gets u on the right track.
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Bernie » 31 May 2011, 09:04

As someone who got an AF after giving birth to her first DD1, had botox to heal it. I got my second 9months ago, after having my second daughter. I feel your pain!
As PPs have said, go back to the doctor and tell them what you want. I've also found Movicol to be a much better laxative than fybrogel (or lactulose), and in combination with rectogesic (nitro) it was amazing. I did not know how much pain I was in. I'm now on diltiazem, because the nitro gave me headaches. But keep pestering the GP because there is lots more they could be doing.
Bernie
Salt Bather

Topics: 10