Help with stitches after surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Help with stitches after surgery

Postby Denise » 07 Jun 2011, 18:03

I had lateral internal Sphincterotomy, think that's what its called, for an anal fissure on Thursday June 2nd; today I noticed when I went/ tried to go to the bathroom (it's hard to push it out) there was blood along with my thin accomplishment. When I looked at the incision in the mirror with a flashlight I noticed that some of the stitches that were there previous are now missing, I know they are meant to dissolve but is it possible they dissolved already? I am in panic mode now and not sure what to do? Is this normal?
Denise

Topics: 1

Re: Help with stitches after surgery

Postby sidra1968 » 07 Jun 2011, 19:51

Same happened to me, don't worry at all!
Read this boards and you'll see tons of "strange" things happen when an a/f is involved!
You need to take Miralax, in my opinion, if you are not already.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Guest » 07 Jun 2011, 20:02

I agree with Sidra on the miralax. Anything you can do to keep the bm's soft and prevent pushing.
I didn't have stitches with my LIS but have read of this same thing happening in other threads.

Postby StevePain » 08 Jun 2011, 14:37

Hey Denise, I popped my stitches in the first couple of days it hurt like hell and bled, but they was supposed to stay inside for a few weeks, looking back I think I may of caused some damage to the area hence my extra slow healing rate
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Denise » 08 Jun 2011, 18:13

Thanks for all your good advise, positive input, and for sharing your experiences with me; makes me feel better. I called the Dr and he said he would not restitch the area as it would cause infection, to just let it leak and heal on its own, oh well.
Denise

Topics: 1