Anyone's tailbone sore???

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Anyone's tailbone sore???

Postby hball » 08 Jun 2011, 20:28

I hope it's just muscle ache. When I started paying attention, I realized how tense I was when riding in the car. I tighten up both of my legs and my lower back. Sometimes the next day I even feel twitching in my cheeks almost around to the side! haha! I have a kinda sporty car and it rides rough, and I guess I'm just trying to protect my southern orifice without thinking about it.
hball
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby stargazer » 09 Jun 2011, 09:44

I hope so too, it sure sounds like it! I too drive a sporty car and the seats are rather hard, so I have a cusion that I use as well, which does help! I also had twitching and alot of "tingling", that has decreased as well. Get yourself a cusion if you do alot of driving, hopefully you will notice a difference. I also tried to become more aware of how much I was tightening up my whole body, so I would take very deep breath's and force myself to relax...difficult,but I could feel a difference.
stargazer

Postby Sue27uk » 20 Jun 2011, 10:03

I have a sore tailbone. Presumed its something to do with the horrendous pain from the fissure I'm having. Starts as a dull ache, then gets sorer throughout the day. I also have pressure underneath which is horrible. I am glad some of you managed to sort this out, gives others like me hope! :D
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby finn22a » 27 Jun 2011, 12:56

Exact same symptoms over here - dull tailbone ache that gets worse during the afternoon, it's pretty incapacitating. I find a hot water bottle helps!
finn22a
Fibre Addict

Postby littleorange » 27 Jun 2011, 18:10

Hey, I'm new here but try to find out about scar tissue. It can cause a lot of problems. Do find out about castor oil and massage. Did anybody found solution for this?
littleorange
Fibre Addict

Postby lewloo » 28 Jun 2011, 07:45

weird, I have the exact same pain. I think it's from sitting differently because of the AF. I think I sit more towards my back to compensate for the AF.
lewloo

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 28 Jun 2011, 21:17

I agree lewloo. I'm 8 months post-op and if I set a certain way, my butt hurts. I think it's from 8 months of setting weird with my fissure and then after my surgery I set the same way for awhile.

Postby seawalker » 29 Jun 2011, 12:37

Hello all, i'm new here as well. I am new to the fissure area but I have been dealing with pelvic pain for over a year now and have learned quite a bit about it. I have had coccydynia and levator ani syndrome (feels like a golf ball stuck in the butt) for over a year now and have just now developed a fissure. All of these syndromes are all related and could be caused by a fissure, surgery, constipation, tensing of rectal/pelvic muscles, and many other things that interfere with this sensitive area of our bodies. They are all mostly supplied by the pudendal nerve and can cause all sorts of weird and colorful sensations.
My quick advice for you guys is to get a handle on it because it can really spiral out of control, at least it did for me. I learned the hard way. Get into pelvic PT so they can message out these muscles. Don't tense these muscles at all, and if it hurts to sit dont just grin and bare it! It will only make it worse over time. find a special cushion that takes pressure off the area. I ignored the pain thinking it would go away and it only got worse. I think my levator syndrome is what contributed to my fissure because of constantly straining to have a BM.
Jason
seawalker
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby andyk123 » 11 Aug 2011, 04:21

ok so ive realised i too am having this. i think my fissure is getting better but im not sure. the feeling is definately different, pain has been replaced my just a very irritating feeling. like there is something in my anus. its hard to explain!
my tailbone has been very sore though. im finding it difficult to sit, and if i touch it the pain is horrible. i did think it was maybe from sitting weirdly for a while? did anyones tailbone pain heal..?
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Aliaa » 03 Nov 2016, 12:08

Guys! I have the same pain in the same tailbone area. It feels dull pain, no lump is there but the pain is there. I had one of two fissures near the tailnone and it kept radiating to the tailbone. Do i did the surgery but still have this full pain which is consistent but its severity differs. Gets really hard to sit down. Had anyone known the reason?!
Aliaa
Salt Bather

Topics: 8