New to Forums

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to Forums

Postby JD245 » 09 Jun 2011, 20:30

Hi everyone!
I am a 19 yr old male, unfortunately and possibly suffering from an anal fissure.
My fissure problems started around this past November/December 2010. Currently everything has of course gotten worse since then. But as I was reading these forums I suddenly realized I may not exactly have a "fissure" but probably some serious pruritus around my anal area.
I believe all this itchiness, burning, and pain was a result from some seriously changing BM. All of the sudden about 2 years ago I started having more trouble with going #2. Just out of the blue. And ever sense then my body and systems have been functioning almost like I have some form of IBS or whatnot.
I want to describe my issues and see if they really do seem like a fissure or just superficial cracking/pain though:
Okay, so basically my anal area gets really dry sometimes, then really moist/wet at other times, almost like the anal area is overly secreting alot of liquid (which when wiped shows up as a dull yellow color on toilet paper). I have ridiculous, undying itching, unless I am just sitting still or laying down. The itching gets a bit worse as I begin to lay down to go to sleep, and sporatically becomes itchy when I go to walk long distances. I do have some minor blood spots after a BM, and during a BM there is some pain (but not enough for me to cry or anything), but as soon as the BM is done my anus seems to calm down and feel a bit better, even though it is a little bloody and continues to begin to itch even more afterwards.
Of course most of the time the area around my anus is more irritated than anything else, and I am not sensing an anal fissure to the degree of the posts I have been reading, if indeed I actually have one. I don't have the sphincter spasms or throbbing, etc.
This is why I am leery as to whether or not I actually have a fissure. I do see some minor "cut" looking areas ArounD my anal area, but not particularly on/in the actual opening. If anyone could help me ease my mind as to whether I seem to or seem not to I would love some input!
I intend to see a doctor soon, probably within the next 2 weeks or so.
Thank you!
I am glad to finally find a forum dedicated to the fissure menace, sometimes I just want to not have a butt.
JD245

Topics: 1

Re: New to Forums

Postby New mum » 10 Jun 2011, 00:50

hey i am not sure about the fissure either but everyone is different some have more pain with bm others have spasms out of this world. I would go to the Doctor ASAP the sooner you see someone the sooner you get on with your life.
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby val » 10 Jun 2011, 08:07

Hi there,
it does worry me slightly that you say you are leaking a dull yellow liquid - that sounds like an infection. I have a fistula and it is extremely itchy, and while painful, it's not as painful as a fissure. Do you have a temperature at all? If I were you I would see a doctor ASAP.
Good luck!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 579 » 10 Jun 2011, 09:50

I'm so sorry you are suffering! You've come to the right place, even if you don't have a fissure. The folks here are great and will offer sound advice and helpful support.
I definitely agree with Val here. Go see a doctor asap. If it is an infection, you will want to get that treated right away.
I hope you find relief very soon! Keep us posted :D
Deleted User 579

Postby JD245 » 13 Jun 2011, 18:03

Thank you all for the quick responses!
I had been meaning to hurry up and reply but hadn't had a chance.
I think I may be on to curing whatever I have. The yellowy mucus is gone now as well! I never did have a fever thank goodness! I bought some Prep-H the other day when my anal area was ultimately almost unbearably itchy and irritated! (I understand it is for hemorrhoids) and it actually has really been helping ALOT!
I also applied a small dab of neosporin to some of the cuts on the external surrounding areas of my anal area! And after 2 days it really has started clearing up alot of my itching, pain, and burning!

I did forget to mention earlier that all of this was accompanied by a large red rash, about a 2.5 inch radius around my anus, and that has also started to fade considerably.
I know I should probably still see a doctor, but I'm a guy and really would rather not :) Of course I may still go lol.
Thank you all again for the responses!
JD245

Topics: 1