New Guy Here

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New Guy Here

Postby YesImInPain » 07 Jun 2011, 10:53

Well to begin, I am a healthy 20 year old male, who started going to the gym not too long ago. I started experiencing pain about a month ago, and I have tried a couple of things to rid the pain. I first tried neospoirin, and hot water baths but it did help at all. I then purchased prep-h, and applied in on the fissures, and I found itching to be the result of it. I also purchased feminine wipes recommended by my gf who said it will not irritate the area. For about a few days I did not scratch the area, even though it itched so much. The fissure was going away until I aggravated it again trying to hurry in the restroom. Now I'm using rubbing alcohol , which is EXTREMELY painful, but the itching goes away for a while. I then apply prep-h to hopefully heal it. I now have maybe a trace of blood, if not none at all, but it is painful when I have bowel movements.
And of course I am embarrassed and have not told my parents, and doctor since I am completely embarrassed by it :oops:
YesImInPain

Topics: 1

Re: New Guy Here

Postby Deleted User 579 » 07 Jun 2011, 11:30

Hi Yes! I'm sorry you are suffering, but you've come to the right place. You will get lots of great advice and support from the folks here.
First of all, I'd definitely recommend that you go to a doctor! There really is nothing to be embarrassed about. Doctors see everything - butt problems don't bother them at all! The first thing to do is identify your problem. Are you sure you have a fissure? Have you seen it? You mentioned working out - lifting weights can cause hemorrhoids, so you should make sure that you get an accurate diagnosis - you might have hemmies, fissures or both.
The next step is to make sure that the doctor gives you the right meds. Hemorroid ointments are not the best thing for fissures. Hemmie ointments with hydrocortisone can actually make fissures worse, so make sure that your doctor doesn't send you away with something like Anusol if it's a fissure you've got. If you have a fissure, the doc should give you a topical ointment like nitro or nifedipine or diltiazem ... definitely not a steriod ointment!
Also, I would most definitely NOT put alcohol down there - Yikes! Image Please don't do that! You don't want to damage delicate anal tissue - that could cause the fissure to tear more and get worse.
Itching can indicate healing. But it might also indicate irritation or infection, so definitely get your butt checked by a doctor. Also, the pain you experience with BMs might be from sphincter muscle spasms. If that's the case, then it's important that you get the proper meds asap. The spasms will prevent healing because they block blood flow to the fissure. The ointments I mentioned are designed to reduce the spasms and increase blood flow to promote healing. Once the spasms start, the fissure can become chronic and much more difficult to heal.
One more thing: keep your stools very soft. Lots of fruits and veggies and water, water, water! Miralax is a very good stool softener that many of us use if you need extra help keeping things soft and smooth.
I really encourage you to get on top of this asap. These b*st*rds can get really bad pretty quick and the pain is unreal! I don't want to freak you out, but things can get really miserable if you don't take care of this as soon as possible.
Get yourself to a doctor, my friend, and beat the beast before he gets bigger!
Good luck! :D
Deleted User 579

Postby sidra1968 » 07 Jun 2011, 20:24

Welcome! I'm not gonna say much because hopetoheal covered it.
I echo everything she said and highly second getting in to see a doctor. Please don't be embarrassed, they have seen much worse and they don't give it a second thought.
Keep us updated.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby hotpinkblack » 07 Jun 2011, 23:46

Hi, I was embarrassed for a long time too, but I finally bit the bullet and went to the dr. Please go and get it checked out..my dr says it is very common for people to get and at any age.
hotpinkblack
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby MelissaDaisy99 » 13 Jun 2011, 18:41

Hello everyone!
I am new member and im gald join this
Thank you
MelissaDaisy99