abscess 1 month post-LIS :(

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: abscess 1 month post-LIS :(

Postby Elphie » 18 Jun 2011, 10:45

O hope, I'm so sorry! You, of all ppl, after your LIS experience, deserve a trouble free recovery! I hope it clears up fast for you and that it doesn't develop into something worse! I haven't been around much, busy with life, which I missed, but I'm still popping in when I can to see how everyone's doing. I'm proud of your meltdown at hospital, good that you're not going back to Rudd, that place is probably the cause if most of your anxiety! I can't understand the crap we have to go through to get our asses looked at properly! Is it just Canada? I remember telling my husband before Christmas that if assdoc refused surgery then for my gift I wanted to go to the US for surgery, at least there you pay, you get! Well, that was my fantasy, anyway. Well, sending hugs to you from over here, I hope you get back to normal soon. If it's any consolation, I only stopped my ibuprofen/robaxacet combo last Friday. Still most days I feel normal, my life doesn't revolve around my butt anymore. I still have hemmeroids but I'll keep those cuz they don't hurt. We just have to find a new normal!
Don't give up hope, you'll get there, hopefully there won't be any more bumps in the road from here on in. Good luck, I'm pulling for you. You're stronger now than u were before all this so, if need be, continue your meltdowns if it gets you what you need. I'm proud of you!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby alpinestrawberry » 18 Jun 2011, 21:36

Hope,
For Christsakes....after everything you've been through! this is just ridiculous, I can't even believe it. I'm so sorry. I hope you're getting what you need in terms of treatment right now.
Like Elphie, I'm not around here as much as I used to be, getting on with life as much as possible even though I'm not 100% yet, if I ever will be again. But it makes me so angry to see what you're continuing to go through!!!! I'm praying that you get through this last ordeal and everything will be smooth sailing from here.
As my mom says, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so don't you be afraid to squeak when you aren't getting what you need from the doctors!! Squeak, squeak, squeak! I'd have had a meltdown too. No WAY would I have gone back to that (naughty naughty) that did the surgery.
I hope you're better by now!!!!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Deleted User 579 » 19 Jun 2011, 08:41

Thank you so much Elphie and Alpine! Thanks for being proud of me and for the encouragement ... I will definitely squeak very loudly from now on! I have no idea WTF is wrong with doctors here in Canada that we have to fight so hard just to get healthcare. My husband and I are now looking into going to the US with my mother's help if that's how it's going to go.
I'm so glad you both are getting back to your lives now. And I'm glad you don't need the ibuprofen/robaxacet cocktail anymore, Elphie. Hemmies are a drag! I hope they behave themselves with a good diet. It's so good of you to drop by to see how we are doing and to offer support. I love to hear that you are having a good life. Alpine, I'm so sorry you are not 100% yet, but I'm happy you are close to 100%. I'm sure you'll get there eventually - I'm praying for you too!
Thank you for you kindness and prayers Image
I'll report the news after I see the doc tomorrow - fingers crossed!
Deleted User 579