Here I go again

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Here I go again

Postby Hopeful_Kate » 29 Jun 2011, 15:20

These all sound very positive outcome but the experiences of horrendous pain post surgery that frighten me as I had quite a time after my last round of Botox because they scraped away sone infection from the fissure at the same time. At the moment I'm stuck between the fear of surgery/recovery and the fear of the fissure getting to the stage where I can't get out of bed again. Also have concerns because the consultant told me that they don't like to perform it if you are of child bearing age and I do want more children so I'm unsure what this actually means for me (but I can't carry on like this). I have brought forward my follow up appointment which was meant to be in august to next week so I have taken the first step.
Hopeful_Kate
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby val » 30 Jun 2011, 01:57

But you're in horrendous pain, now though, yes???? The pain after surgery isn't any worse than fissure pain, and even if it is fleetingly worse, after the first couple of days after surgery (and you can dose yourself up on heavy-duty painkillers anyway) you know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you are on the way to a fissure-free life!
Personally, I would steer clear of any surgeon who says things like that - if you think about it, that rules out women potentially from the ages of 11 - 60!!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2011, 12:17

Kate,
I agree with Val about steering clear of surgeons who say things like this. That wouldn't be the doctor for me. My CRS never asked anything about having more children or my age...
If you read older post, there are other women who have had babies after LIS and aren't pooping in their pants. Image
I believe Cheryl who created this board had a baby since LIS and Pinky and Jenn? Val would probably know more since she has been here longer and has more history here.
Last edited by Guest on 30 Jun 2011, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.

Postby val » 30 Jun 2011, 12:35

That's right Dawn, loads of people have babies afterwards. And, really, they are only cutting the muscle because it is too tight- if it was normal, you wouldn't be having these problems! Pregnancy isn't always planned, so there must be a LOT of women either with fissures or post-LIS.
I'm not sure who had babies, Dawn - I left for a while and they had gone by the time I got back!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Hopeful_Kate » 30 Jun 2011, 14:52

That's very reassuring to hear. Thank you.
Hopeful_Kate
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1