losing it :(

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: losing it :(

Postby New mum » 29 Jun 2011, 20:28

lol thanks hope,
Val yes he is a good surgeons but i dont want to go back to him coz if he thinks its all in my head then he is not going to really look for anything or listen to me. I think he IS one of those doctors that sees sooo many fissures to him they are nothing and easy to fix. he has always said to me fissure shouldnt hurt and panadol should fix the pain bahahahhahhahahha
Update: i went back to my awesome gp she told me she will get to the bottom of this and help me thru it. only to have my cat scan next week and gp has put me on antibiotics just incase its an infection. rrr it will never end i think i have spent over $10000 on butt stuff
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby val » 30 Jun 2011, 07:14

That's a bit puzzling - I mean you only have to google anal fissure and excrutiating pain is mentioned in nearly everything you read! A CRS should know that! And panadol doesn't even touch the pain. A second opinion sounds like an extremely good idea!
Good that have a lovely GP - at least there's someone looking after you.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby dexterdude » 30 Jun 2011, 12:05

Go to another CRS now! Why waste time with a douche, when you could have one who truly understands your pain and can help you?
I've said this before somewhere: I first went to a gastro, who was totally insensitive and also really positive that we can fix it with creams (even though I told him I tried everything and had it for 10+ years). Also he didn't have a problem poking around there when I was crying in agony.
Then, when I saw the CRS, he barely touched it and I winced, then he just stopped doing anything, came round, smiled and apologized, shook my hand. It was like a ray of light, I just forgot about the pain. I can't stress enough the importance of having a doc who understands what you're going through and whom you can totally trust, for me just this would make anything bearable, knowing I have someone who's really trying to help me.
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby happyass » 30 Jun 2011, 20:51

big hugs newmum.
i hope you are able to find the reason with the CT exam.
may this help you get on with healing.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74