Wiping Questions (too much=damage)?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Wiping Questions (too much=damage)?

Postby fissurepaingy » 05 Jul 2011, 16:34

Ok, so I had a wiping question... This morning I felt great, no pain or discomfort whatsoever. Took my 15 minute sitz bath before leaving for work in the morning. Got to work and within an hour I went in to take my morning BM, with my unscented wet wipes in my pocket for wiping. Now, I had read a bit online people saying it's a must to REALLY get in there and get it 100% clean. So today, I tried to really get in there good and get every little piece of sediment out of there. Well I used 3-5 wet wipes and really prodded around in there, even used a dry piece of regular toilet paper afterward to dab dry the area, as I hear it should be dry back there. Bear in mind, I had NO pain whatsoever with my BM, none at all... but after this excess wiping I believe it irritated things a bit and right afterwards I got burning/itching feelings that continued for hours. SO, I was wondering, just HOW much should you wipe so as to not irritate things and hinder healing? I think if I figure this out I've got a better shot at speeding up healing.
Also, I think I'm on a fairly decent track.... I'm just about 2 weeks in; woke up on 6-20-11 with really bad pain, couldn't sit, limped when I walked.. the first week was rough, I was limping. I immediately got on sitz baths and more fiber. 2nd week was much better, pain reduced a lot. Now at 2 weeks, things were perfect today until my excess wiping. I think I may have a good shot at healing this thing on my own? I have no pain during BM's whatsoever... I think I'm better off than some as I have no pain while driving etc... I only really get slight twinges of pain if I need to get up out of a chair, or use that muscle where you halt peeing. Thanks for all the advice.
fissurepaingy
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Re: Wiping Questions (too much=damage)?

Postby Guest » 05 Jul 2011, 17:19

I don't think over wiping could be a good thing. Maybe you could use some cotton- wet under warm water.

Postby adam » 06 Jul 2011, 06:09

Try taking more time to wipe. Be two or three times as gentle and use as many wet wipes as you need. I think it would be better to bring a thin tea towel to work and use that to dab the area dry because toilet paper can leave behind itself on the area. Also use a white tea towel to spot anything that may stain it.
After this if it still does hurt, don't worry, after bm's there is usually pain, most of the people here have the pain afterwards like myself. Make sure you are visually inspecting the area everyday to see if you can see anything like a lump or cut, etc., and if you do, you'll have to get it checked out by a CRS.
Btw, it would be best to just call the best nearest CRS to you, and ask if you can make an appointment, or need a referral first, like mine does. If the crs needs a referral, then you should make an appointment with your family doctor to try to just get a referral without an examination because waiting for an appointment with your doctor, then getting a referral, then making an appointment with a crs could waste a lot of important time.
adam
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby val » 07 Jul 2011, 02:24

Just because wet wipes are unscented, they could still contain something that is an irritant to you. I am allergic to most bath products which say "hypoallergenic!"
Its best to clean it properly with just warm water.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby fissurepaingy » 07 Jul 2011, 08:35

I'm getting so tired of this pain. I need to bevery cautious while leaning down to pick something off the floor... Mainly my pain comes when I need to get up out of a chair... Other than that it really isn't too bad... does this mean I can heal without the LIS? At this point, I think maybe the rectogesic cream could help me heal... I'm in the US so I think it's called Anogesic here? I just need to make an appointment with a DR. could a regular doc at least identify if it's surely a fissure and prescribe me the cream? I figure maybe give the prescribed healing cream a shot before heading to a CRS?
fissurepaingy
Salt Bather

Postby val » 07 Jul 2011, 09:26

Its called Rectogesic, or the other one is Anoheal which is Diltiazem. I'm in UK, but our normal GPs can prescribe those. It's certainly worth a try.
Sometimes GPs dont know what they are looking for- a CRS is best, at least they know what they are doing!
val
King Fissure

Postby fissurepaingy » 07 Jul 2011, 09:44

Just made an appointment with a CRS today. I called one that was close by and the lead guy at the office has been around for over 20 years. First opening was August 5th though! I've read others on here say that it takes time to get to see a CRS, but is that too long? I'm wondering if I should be using the healing cream now and waiting this long is not a good thing??
fissurepaingy
Salt Bather

Postby val » 07 Jul 2011, 09:48

Well, if it was here in the UK, the wait would be about 3 months, if not longer!
You could try a healing cream, it couldn't hurt and might even do a lot of good.
That's great you've got an appointment.Have they got a cancellation list that you could go on?
val
King Fissure

Postby fissurepaingy » 07 Jul 2011, 09:59

I figured it couldn' hurt to make the appointment, so just in case I can't heal it myself, I've got my appointment. I feel actually somewhat relieved now that I have the appointment set! Cancellation list? Like if someone cancels then I get to go sooner? I'll have to check that. If I do need to wait until 8-5 though, should I just maybe go to a GP to see if I can get prescribed the healing cream? You know, I'm not sure if Rectogesic is available in the US at this time... but I found a link that I'm blocked from here at work that may allow me to order it online and bypass even going to a GP (the cost would probably almost equal out with my co-pay anyway). - www.unitedpharmacies.com/Rectogesic_Anal_Ointment_Glyceryl_...
fissurepaingy
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 07 Jul 2011, 12:01

Hey there,
I'm from the US. I got the diltiazem from a CRS. I've read of some getting a prescription from their GP. I would just go to a CRS though.My GP never even saw my fissure, even with a painful exam. I just trust a CRS with my butt...
Diltiazem has to be made by a compound pharmacy here in the US. Most CRS office's will know where ones at.