Tucks Internal Soothers

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Tucks Internal Soothers

Postby Iphigenia » 27 Jun 2011, 08:02

When I was diagnosed with my fissure last week, my GI doc told me to use an Anusol suppository before going to bed. When I went to the pharmacy to get my nitro cream, I asked about the Anusol, and the pharmacist said they don't make them anymore. My fiance looked it up, and found that Anusol was bought out by Tucks, and they are making the suppositories under the name "Tucks Internal Soothers" now.
I bought some of those and have used them the past three nights, but after reading info on here about Tucks and Anusol products, I'm not sure if these will help or make things worse. I know hydrocortisone is a no-no, and I stopped using the Prep H cream and their wipes with witch hazel. The active ingredient in the suppositories is topical starch (51%), and the inactive ingredients are benzyl alcohol, hydrogenated vegetable oil, and vitamin E.
Has anyone used these or have any opinions on them? Thanks!
Iphigenia
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Tucks Internal Soothers

Postby val » 28 Jun 2011, 13:39

I don't personally think they could really help, but you never know! Different things work on different people because we have fissures for different reasons. If someone healed because they put an anti-fungal cream on it, its not a miracle cure, just they had an underlying fungal infection that was preventing the fissure healing.
They sound like they are just for the treatment of piles?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Iphigenia » 28 Jun 2011, 15:58

Yeah, it says that they relieve "burning, itching, and discomfort" related to hemmorroids. I do not have burning or itching. Discomfort, yes, but around the outside, not inside where a suppository would make a difference.
I didn't use one last night and don't feel like it had any effect, good or bad.
Iphigenia
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby god help me » 02 Jul 2011, 21:48

Iphigenia wrote:When I was diagnosed with my fissure last week, my GI doc told me to use an Anusol suppository before going to bed. When I went to the pharmacy to get my nitro cream, I asked about the Anusol, and the pharmacist said they don't make them anymore. My fiance looked it up, and found that Anusol was bought out by Tucks, and they are making the suppositories under the name "Tucks Internal Soothers" now.
I bought some of those and have used them the past three nights, but after reading info on here about Tucks and Anusol products, I'm not sure if these will help or make things worse. I know hydrocortisone is a no-no, and I stopped using the Prep H cream and their wipes with witch hazel. The active ingredient in the suppositories is topical starch (51%), and the inactive ingredients are benzyl alcohol, hydrogenated vegetable oil, and vitamin E.
Has anyone used these or have any opinions on them? Thanks!
my dr just got me onto proctosedyl which contains hydrocortisone. to get me some relief as i was too scared to `go`and filling up. used it about 10 times today.not a good thing?
god help me
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby val » 03 Jul 2011, 01:40

That's not a great idea! Lidocaine would be better to numb the area if you're scared of it hurting, and then one of the relaxers like diltiazem or rectogesic. And stool softeners are your friend!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby god help me » 03 Jul 2011, 02:56

thanks.he seemed to think using the proctosedyl would help me on my way, but then i read some of the posts here.have bought some anusol cream. might give it a go again thanks
god help me
Fibre Addict

Postby happyass » 06 Jul 2011, 14:52

definitely agree with Val about getting a prescription for lidocaine (5%) to help with pain. it may feel a bit stingy at first but once your body gets use to it, you won't feel it.
palmers cocoa butter with vitamine e is another nice cream to have as a barrier or simply vaseline.
do you have a skin tag that hurts on the outside? for that, i used vicks vapor rub and that helped tremendously.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby god help me » 07 Jul 2011, 00:29

thanks, dont think i have a tag.have found the movicol god and that helps .have to keep battling on.thanks again
god help me
Fibre Addict