Variable recovery times: just LIS or other surgeries too?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Variable recovery times: just LIS or other surgeries too?

Postby RedCharger » 08 Jul 2011, 07:00

I had a piece of my colon and appendix removed last December after they found a mass during a colonoscopy. I was a little worried since it was a open surgery as they couldn't do it orthroscopicly. doc told me I'd need 1 week in the hospital and 2 weeks laid up at home.
Except for some soreness in my stomach muscles I felt great when I woke up after surgery. By the 3rd day I was out of the hospital and 2 days after that back to work. I was expecting the worse but it wasn't a bad experience at all .......my bung hole problems on the other hand has been a nightmare.
RedCharger
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Deleted User 579 » 08 Jul 2011, 13:37

Wow RC! What a surgery! And back at work after 2 days! The butt stuff really is the worst I've gone through too.
NG - it's good to hear from you. My recovery seems to be going ok so far. Thanks for asking :)
I really hope that it is good life things that are keeping you busy. Look forward to hearing more about how you are doing. Please post when you can. Meanwhile I'm sending good vibes your way!
Deleted User 579

Postby Delilah72 » 20 Feb 2012, 08:20

I am going back to see my doctor...not getting better and I cannot live this way. I sure hope she suggests surgery otherwise I will definitely bring it up. Just need to know how long I should take off from work? I am a teacher, so I really can't take too long. I was thinking a week of medical leave?? Any suggestions? Image
Delilah72

Postby Savaici » 22 Feb 2012, 13:59

Hello Delilah72, and welcome.
Your doctor should be able to give you some idea of how long you will need to be off work, but basically, in the end, it really depends on how you react to the surgery. There are many posts from people who have had LIS, so it is basically best to keep on looking through the message on the 'Considering surgery or already had it' link and just read some of those. Any other questions, just ask. I have not had surgery, but will be happy to answer anything else!
All the best. Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Variable recovery times: just LIS or other surgeries too

Postby Hopie75 » 03 May 2019, 09:32

How long did it take before you didn’t see blood (in the toilet) after a bowel movement? I know everyone is different.
Hopie75
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1