Pain seems unbareable

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Pain seems unbareable

Postby RedCharger » 07 Jul 2011, 17:23

Just got home. I posted the message earlier from my phone while I was waiting in recovery. Not sure why they made wait there since I wasn't put under. I guess they just wanted to make sure everything was stable and I wasn't bleeding. I wasn't sure if I would actually be able to get the procedure done during this visit so I drove myself. It was a slow drive home trying to get out of down town Toronto traffic as my freezing started to wear off. I'm in a little pain now, maybe a 4-5 out of 10 unlike the 8-9 I was use to after a BM. I can't say enough about Dr Sternthal. He gave me his pager number and told me to page him on Sunday and let him know how I'm doing. If I'm having excessive pain or bleeding still at that time he will squeeze me in Monday.......Unbelievable bed side manner and great overall compared to Dr. Death (McKenna) who both HTH and myself saw on our earlier visit to The Rudd.
RedCharger
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Deleted User 579 » 07 Jul 2011, 17:36

Wow! you drove yourself home!?!?! Okay, you and Adam are now officially the toughest dudes I've ever heard about!
I'm so glad Dr. Sternthal is being so good to you. That is such a difference from McKenna! That's really good to know and I think all this information will be very useful to future lurkers and boardies from Toronto.
Don't forget to take some kind of med of pain - the local has probably mostly warn off by now, but I found that the pain can still escalate later on. If you've got prescription meds, you should really take one; but if not, then anything OTC that has worked for you in the past should do the trick.
I'm glad you're home now and able to get comfortable and rest. :D
Deleted User 579

Postby Guest » 07 Jul 2011, 23:29

Hey RC,
do try and stay off of your bottom now. I think the less pressure we put there, the better things go and heal faster.
Just take it one day at a time. Roll with the flow and all the weird sensations... It will gradually get better and better.
Take care:)

Postby RedCharger » 08 Jul 2011, 04:42

Thanks!
I am having pain today but nothing like what I suffered during a fissure attack. This is more of a aching tender pain that is about a 6 but manageable. I plan on laying in bed and watching TV the next few days. I haven't been able to urinate yet and I have been drinking lots of water. I feel like I have to go but nothing comes out. never mind, problem solved
RedCharger
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby val » 08 Jul 2011, 08:05

Wow, congratulations on your surgery - yes, you're a hero just like Adam!
Good thing you're resting, and yes, stay on top of the pain.
Hope you feel better soon.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby adam » 08 Jul 2011, 09:27

Yup me and rc are good ol' tough canadian boys lol
adam
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby val » 08 Jul 2011, 10:00

LOL! How are you today Adam? Any better?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86