Had Anal Fissures & Ski for 3 years...I'm getting sick of it

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Had Anal Fissures & Ski for 3 years...I'm getting sick of it

Postby PhoenixReborn » 24 Jul 2011, 20:40

Hello everyone. I found this message board while surfing the internet about anal fissure treatments. Due to having a surgery three years ago, I developed anal fissures as a side effect. Since then, I've gone through the stress of worrying when i go to the bathroom if it will hurt. The doctors I have consulted have not been helpful at all. One doctor performed a check up (about my aforementioned surgery) and reopened the fissures and acted as if it wasn't a big deal. All of them have said that I did not need surgery at all and needed to do the conservative methods. They do work after awhile but as many people already know, it only takes one um....thing to happen to have a person start all over again.
Due to the unstable job market in the US, I have not had a steady work nor accessible health insurance. However, I now landed a job with good pay (yet with no good health insurance plan) and I have now decided to just buy health insurance on my own and find the right doctor for me. I have joined this board because frankly I need the support and hopefully advice of others who are going or went through the same thing as me.
PhoenixReborn

Topics: 1

Re: Had Anal Fissures & Ski for 3 years...I'm getting sick of it

Postby Guest » 24 Jul 2011, 21:20

Hey there Phoenix,
Welcome to the board. I'm sorry to hear you have been living with a fissure for so long. I had mine for 8 months before getting surgery last year. I just couldn't imagine having to deal with it as long as you have Image
I think I would be insane by now!
I understand the insurance thing. I didn't have any medical insurance at the time of my surgery either. My CRS did my surgery in a Endoscopic Surgery Center, instead of a hospital and saved me tons of money. Sometimes doctors will work with you when they know you don't have insurance.
I read your other post and I can't say that I know of any CRS's in your area. Hopefully others can help.
You definitely need a good CRS who will do the surgery after dealing with this for so long. No doubt it's chronic after three years. I hope someone can recommend one but if not, I would research CRS's in your area as much as you can and get an appointment, have a list of questions in hand and see if I like the answers I got. I went with my gut and research and got a really good one.
Take care!