Fissurectomy site bleeding during BM

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Fissurectomy site bleeding during BM

Postby Jas » 03 Aug 2011, 19:39

Sometimes I have bleeding at
the fissurectomy site. I had a BM that did not hurt but i had quite a bit of blood on the TP. I know it's only been 2 weeks but it freaks me out. Again not a lot of pain just some blood. Another note is my BM was not hard at all. Is this expected? I need to calm myself and not get so freaked out.
Jas
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: Fissurectomy site bleeding during BM

Postby Deleted User 579 » 04 Aug 2011, 07:10

Hey Jas - try not to worry. Bleeding two weeks out is not uncommon after surgery, especially with a fissuretomy. You have a fresh wound, and the fissure will take 6 to 8 weeks to heal, so you're doing well. If your BMs are not hard, that's great! Hard BMs usually mean that there's some constipation. If yours are soft, tha t a good thing. Are you taking stool softeners? If so, then they are working well. :D
I know that not worrying is easier said than done, but you really sound like you are healing well. Just remember to keep things clean. Seeing blood freaks most of us out, but while you're still healing it's not a bad sign at all. Image
Deleted User 579

Postby Jas » 04 Aug 2011, 13:40

Just had my 2 week check up. Dr. said everything is healing well. He stated I was about 60% healed but it could take up to 3 months or longer to be fully healed. He also said the bleeding during a BM is normal. One note of interest is he wants me to keep taking the metamucil. I explained that I was using miralax and less metamucil. His answer was if the miralax is making my stools to watery or small that eventually it can cause a stricture to the muscle. He wants me to have normal/larger BM so that will not occur. After checking me he said my rectal tone was about perfect. I was afraid maybe I was still to tight. It's a relief to have a good report from my surgeon. Thank you to those that have helped and are still helping with my recovery. I hope and pray that things will stay positive and I can finally put this nightmare behind me.
Jas
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 579 » 04 Aug 2011, 14:12

Hey Jas! That's great news! Congratulations Image
Deleted User 579

Postby Jas » 05 Aug 2011, 18:19

Quick ? I upped the amount of metamucil and had a larger but soft BM. During the BM I had a slight pinch feeling where the wound from the fissurectomy was done. Also there was no bleeding and lingering pain just the slight pinch. Has anyone else had the same feeling before? Do you think I injured myself again? My surgeon did say it is ok to have larger BM with bleeding. Sorry to harp on the same issue being 2 weeks post surgery.
Jas
Salt Bather