19 days and counting..............

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

19 days and counting..............

Postby ren0318 » 05 Aug 2011, 17:19

Well I'm down to 19 days until surgery. This week has been bad, you know I tore again like on Sunday and Monday, been in spasm ever since with bleeding again this morning......OVER IT.....At work I've had to let my team know that I'll be out for a bit, of course folks are asking "What's wrong?" I just say, "Well....it's really "TMI" but let's just say you should be very glad you don't have what I have" LOL
One new question I have today, how "loose" do you need to be for a BM after surgery? Right now I've got a good handle on my diet and I've been going nicely, but I still tear. Are we talking liquid like is best? I know the past few weeks, I've made sure I had enough fiber intake via veggies, and then it makes me go (which I don't want to do right now with the pain) so I am going, just wondering how much more I'll need.
Here's wishing everyone a painfree weekend!
Reno Image
ren0318
Salt Bather

Topics: 18

Re: 19 days and counting..............

Postby Deleted User 579 » 07 Aug 2011, 12:42

Hi Reno - I'm so sorry you're having such a difficult time! But it's great that you're on countdown to surgery. After the surgery, you'll want nice, soft, fluffy poos, not watery liquid ones - those sting! Image If you've got a good routine now that helps make soft, but mostly formed stools, then you've got a good head-start. The first day or two after surgery, things might be a bit out of wack, but don't worry, that doesn't usually last long and as long as you've got good stool softeners, you'll be fine. :D
Deleted User 579

Postby Guest » 07 Aug 2011, 19:57

Agreeing with Hope 100%. Don't change a thing that works before surgery after surgery, except maybe up the stool softener a bit if you take the pain meds. Things can be out of wack in the beginning as Hope said.
Your going to do great Ren. The poops that tore my fissure worked like a charm after LIS! Image
Hang in there Girl! Not much longer and you will be another LIS Vet Image

Postby val » 09 Aug 2011, 11:04

I agree with everything Hope and Dawn say - if it ain't broke, don't fix it! If you have a routine that works, that's great as you'll be well prepared for apres-surgery!
Best of luck. The surgery will stop those spasms and give you your life back.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86