Nitro making things worse?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Nitro making things worse?

Postby KessyWessy » 11 Aug 2011, 11:23

I used the nitro ointment for 2 days and I really think its making things worse. I certainly noticed no helpful effects. I feel like its dialating the anus, sure, but I don't have painful bowel movements. Just constant pain from the knotted muscles/sphincter. I feel like the nitro is exacerbating my hemerhoids, which have not bothered me much lately, and it seems like stuff feels more swollen when I use it.
I haven't used it yet today and I certainly don't feel worse than yesterday.
Anyone else have this happen? Should I be giving it more time?
KessyWessy

Topics: 3

Re: Nitro making things worse?

Postby of all the places to hurt » 11 Aug 2011, 11:33

Lucky You!! I hope u never know how an anal fissure feels! As for hems had them and to me they are a piece of bloody cake......sorry!!
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby KessyWessy » 11 Aug 2011, 12:05

Well, I do have a fissure, but I don't think its such a bad one. Just some bleeding from THE bowel movement. But then I started up with the knotted muscles. I hope to never know the painful BMs some of you describe!
I'm really hopeful that once I get rid of these knots down there the fissure will be pretty well healed. Doc took a look a couple of days ago and said it was healing. So far all of my pain has come from the muscle/sphincter being in constant knots. Its just as bad as recovery from childbirth.
KessyWessy

Topics: 3

Postby Guest » 11 Aug 2011, 12:19

Hey Kessy, the nitro is suppose to help with the spasms. Some folks have applied it inside with a syringe or q-tip and tried to keep the excess off of the outside. Just put in nitro on our search and you should be able to see some info.