Cost of botox

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Cost of botox

Postby Sue27uk » 11 Aug 2011, 13:59

I have recently been for a private consultation to see if I could do anything to help my situation. He recommended botox and said I could either get it done privately or wait for my NHS appointment in a month (no doubt with a following wait for the procedure). I have today found out the cost and am gutted I cannot afford the private option on my own and if I proceed my parents will have to help out and I would need to pay them some back. Just wondered if others in the UK were quoted astronomical prices for this? I was informed I would then need a follow up appointment (Ј140), then if it didn't work more botox. I could end up bankrupt!! :o
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Re: Cost of botox

Postby val » 12 Aug 2011, 07:00

After private surgery, the follow up appt should be free! Damn cheek they have, trying to charge you!
If you have an appt very soon, its possibly worth waiting, if your crs is any good, maybe?
If you need a few lots of botox, it could work out a lot of money, especially if you had to have LIS eventually anyway. Wouldn't they consider going straight to lis?
Although that would be expensive too. Its the hospital that charges so much - the surgeon costs around Ј500, the anaesthatist costs around Ј300, the flippin' hospital takes the rest - it's criminal, especially when you're only in the room half a day!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Re: Cost of botox

Postby Sue27uk » 12 Aug 2011, 09:52

I think I may wait Val, my appointment is 13th September with the NHS (for a consultation), so I suppose it would then be a wait for the botox. Problem is, I am due to go to the colorectal clinic, but last time saw the registrar and not consultant so am hoping it's not the same this time. I still have pressure underneath again which I want to discuss aswell. I'll tell you the price I was quoted for botox, now wait for this, I was told to get botox it would be Ј2000, then Ј140 for a follow up appointment. If I were to need more botox than just once, as you can tell, I am looking at huge expense! No, he said as the fissure is superficial then he wouldn't recommend surgery, but botox. Really annoying. I also have a very itchy bum today too, think my neverending intolerable thrush may have passed to the back. Either that or something else is going on. Seems there is no end to this at the minute, sorry feeling rather despondent and upset today. I was given hope at the private consultation for it to then be destroyed yesterday with that price. Which in turn has set my IBS off, then the fissure and thrush. Also had the bill for my private consultation come through - Ј375. Now on half pay, so it just keeps on getting better and better. Was really trying to be positive but has just got to me a bit again. Anyway, trying to focus on the 13th September now, just 8 days of work to survive before that!! Asking to go part time if possible cos dealing with full time is too much at the min. Anyway, enough moaning, me thinking aloud. It's difficult as this is affecting my parents too and I'm trying to stay strong for them aswell. Thank you for your reply :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21