Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New member

Postby andyk123 » 04 Aug 2011, 06:02

had a really good bm this morning :) i squated, and it was all out in about 5 seconds, it was nice and soft but still had bulk, and there was next to no pain. i also managed to stop it smazaming which it normally does at the end of every bm i have. there is only a slight bit of pain now, when in the past ive been in agony all day.
i think applying the nitro a few hours before hand helped.
feeling a bit better about getting this thing healed now! i think if i have about 3 more days in a row with bm like that i will be on the way to being healed.
the only problem is the nitro is making me extremely dizzy
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby val » 04 Aug 2011, 10:38

Don't get your hopes up too much! The nature of this beast is that it gets better and tricks you into thinking it's totally healed then bam, back it comes! Hopefully, you'll be one of the lucky ones who does heal up with just the cream, good luck!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby andyk123 » 07 Aug 2011, 10:19

im having some good progress - it is definately healing.
my only problem is im going to the toilet too much. ive had 3 bm today. none were painful but its starting to feel a bit irritated now.
im currently having 2 fibre gel drinks a day, and 2 spoonfuls of lactulose. ( the dosage of lactolose is 3-6 spoonfulls a day). and my diet has pretty much been - beans on toast for breakfast, veggy soup for lunch, chicken brown rice and veg for tea, and weetabix for supper.
my bm are perfect, they are soft and moist with plenty of bulk, theres just too much of them!
so im thinking of either cutting down on fibregels or my stool softner(lactulose). but im not sure which. any suggestions?
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby val » 07 Aug 2011, 10:58

Well,lots of soft BMs have got to be better than any hard ones!
You could try cutting back little by little, and see what happens maybe?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby andyk123 » 07 Aug 2011, 13:49

val wrote:Well,lots of soft BMs have got to be better than any hard ones!
You could try cutting back little by little, and see what happens maybe?

yea you are right which is why im nervous to change things...but it really is feeling irritated after the third today. i dont think its my fissure though? it feels as though its the actual opening. i hope its not my fissure anyway.
im gna go down to 1 fibogel a day but stick with my stool softener.
also nervous about work tommorow. i have been squating this past week and its helped me so much. but im not going to be able to do that all next week in work :(
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby andyk123 » 09 Aug 2011, 13:14

have had about 7 pain free bm in a row now. and i can sit all day with very little discomfort. been on nitroglycerin ointment for 10 days, i think it is working! going to carry on my regime for at least a few months though.
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby pandy789 » 09 Aug 2011, 16:42

Hi, i'm new to this forum & saw i should introduce myself :)
I'm a newly 28yr old female from Massachusetts; i've been battling Crohns disease for about 6-7 years now. For the last 3 months i've dealt with an anal fissure (gone untreated due to lack insurance) & a 9 day hospital stay (due to pancreatitis) 3 weeks ago *happy b-day to me!*. Now i'm finally getting around to dealing with the fistula i have. I'm having an ultrasound friday and most likely surgery on the fistula next friday. I'm scared of course, not so much for the surgery itself but the long time expected healing process (my immunity sucks due to the Crohns). Because this issue has been going on for awhile now I developed what they call a 'horse shoe abscess'. So from what I understood the dr. will go in, open up the tract? & tie some sort of loop. Lol sorry i'm so vague but i'm trying to do more and more research on what to expect & i'll start my own thread on the proceedings of this fun experience. Last week for the pain my dr. prescribed me bella donna/opium suppositories; also take weekly injections of Humira & currently on 20mg of prednisone. xoxo
pandy789

Postby Deleted User 579 » 09 Aug 2011, 17:08

Welcome Pandy! I'm so sorry you are struggling with a fissure and a fistula on top of the Crohns! You sure have had a rough go lately! Image
It sounds like your doc is going to perform a fistulotomy and place a seton (the thread that loops). I'm sorry I don't know very much about Crohns, but there have been a few boardies here who have it too. PaulsPain is here fairly frequently, and, if I'm not mistaken, has had an LIS and was diagnosed with Crohns recently. He is a great source of information and support. I understand that recovery will be prolonged because of the Crohns, but I do hope that your surgery goes very well and that you get some relief very soon! Definitely start your own thread and keep us posted. :D
Deleted User 579

Postby Sue27uk » 16 Aug 2011, 07:23

Hey Andyk123, i thought I was young to have been suffering like this but am 6 years older than you! It has taken me a while to find something that works for my bm and I think its individual. Not sure if you're in the UK, but I also have had problems prior to this, gynacology related with operations and complications. I have a small amount of lactulose in the morning, use 2Xrectogesic, and have 1 dulcoease tablet at night (it says to take 3 but I can't!). It's also called docusate sodium. Due to having IBS, I could not take the fybogel, it made me go well rather alot is all I'll say!! Sharing in case this helps. Hope you continus to improve. Pandy I hope you are ok, I will admit I know nothing about crohns but I wish you all the luck in the world. No one should have to go through all of that Image
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21