Discharge after surgery?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Discharge after surgery?

Postby Guest » 07 Sep 2007, 08:56

I had a fistulectomy 4 months ago because of a fissure, fistula with abscess, has anyone had discharge this long? It is only a small amount when I wipe and on my underwear. No bleeding or pain Thanks

Re: Discharge after surgery?

Postby Guest » 08 Sep 2007, 10:02

I am not sure how to advise. I would think a small amount would not be concerning but discharge can be associated with infections so maybe check in with the doctor just to make sure. Good luck!

Postby Guest » 09 Sep 2007, 09:53

I'm at week 4 after my Fistulotomy and have minor discharge, Dr said it is normal, don't know about 4 months though

Postby Deleted User 5 » 09 Sep 2007, 14:11

Did the Doctor say it was normal even after four months?
Try to see if you can determine if the discharge is gradually getting better from week to week..
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 10 Sep 2007, 12:13

I had something similar done (abscess drained-cut entire length of anal canal down to muscle). My discharge stopped abruptly at about the 3 week mark. I think the reason for this was 1) I applied a dose of iodine ointment to the area. It stung like crazy for a few minutes (I had to lie down actaully). But the stinging wore off withing 15 mins, and I had no more discharge after that. 2) After that, using a needleless syringe, I would flush the area with water that had a small amount of rubbing alcohol in it--not enough to sting but enough to sterilize. I stopped doing this after about a week because it had healed a bit (though it was stil really sore) I didn't want to erode the healing tissue.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67